Basic Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gym class zero, Sep 12, 2006.

1. gym class zero macrumors newbie

gym class zero

Hey guys, I just wanted to get any opinions on the Macbook I plan on purchasing later this week. I actually just cancelled my order for an HP dv2000t because I want a macbook. A little info: I'm a college student browsing the market for a portable machine. Daily tasks would include typical use.. writing papers (office), web browsing, e-mail, instant messaging, itunes, VERY LIGHT photoshop work, movies, etc. I'll still have a Windows XP desktop in the dorm just in case I need it for a class.

Here's the system:
    The total price of the system including the educational discount is about $1,277.00 excluding tax. I plan on purchasing a stick of 1GB of ram from Newegg shortly after I place my order.

2. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

Perfect for what you need small portable and super duper fast. :D just wondering how did you get apple care for so cheap?

3. gym class zero thread starter macrumors newbie

gym class zero

I'm not sure. It's listed in the cart as $183 (the macbook is $1,094 by itself). Maybe because of the educational discount?

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Looks good. Instead of Photoshop you could look for GraphicConverter. It does a lot of the typical things one might do in Photoshop a lot faster.

5. gym class zero thread starter macrumors newbie

gym class zero

Thanks for the software tip, miles.

BTW, I just pulled the trigger and ordered the macbook. I'm very excited as this will be my first Apple computer :cool:

6. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

I got mine on august 8th and I am running out of things to do on the mac already. I am just waiting for school to start so I can actually do something productive on it. :p

7. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I JUST purchased a MacBook 2.0 GHz White for my daughter leaving it stock
    and adding a Brenthaven Edge 1 bag for another $49.95
    With tax the total came to $1311.40 shipped. (edu)

If you ad ANYTHING BTO like a larger HD it's going to delay your shipment.

I'm starting her off with the faster stock machine and then adding 2 GB RAM and a larger HD
    later as needed.

Since she will need an external back-up drive anyway, I'm not worried about the 60GB stock drive.

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

9. Paulhammer macrumors newbie

agreement here with graphic converter, great little program.

also, congratulations! I'm currently waiting for my 2.0 white macbook to arrive, and i can't wait! begone windows!:)