Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XPcentric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
What characteristics of the display it changes to make it look more warm at night ?

stereopsis.com/flux/

Quad5Ny

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
New York, USA
Most likely it changes the values in your video cards Color LUT (Look-up-table). Changing the LUT is the same way ICC profiles are normally applied. The LUT change is temporary and is lost when the card looses power.

altuixde

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2011
If you're going to play a game on your computer, you may want to turn f.lux off temporarily. I found that it really lowers the frame rate of Tomb Raider Anniversary. f.lux probably affects other games too.

XPcentric

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
If you're going to play a game on your computer, you may want to turn f.lux off temporarily. I found that it really lowers the frame rate of Tomb Raider Anniversary. f.lux probably affects other games too.

Do LED monitors have frame rate ??? I have an Alum 2008/2009 Macbook

altuixde

macrumors member
Dec 16, 2011
I have a late 2008 MacBook (aluminum) too, and I believe that the refresh rate is 60 Hz. I don't remember how I concluded that it's 60 Hz, though, because Apple doesn't provide that information. I believe that my PowerBook G3, iBook G3, and aluminum Cinema Display are also 60 Hz.

Anyway, f.lux shouldn't slow you down if you're just doing things that are not graphically intensive, like the Finder and web browsing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.