Batch watermarking?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by shinji, Mar 18, 2007.

1. shinji macrumors 6502a

shinji

Hi,

I need to apply a watermark to the bottom right of a bunch of .wmv's. I can transcode them in VisualHub if it's really neccessary, but I'd rather an all-in-one solution. The watermark can be text or a small .png or something, does not matter. The videos can end up as wmv, mpeg-2, divx, anything really except for .mov and .flv. These are short trailer-type clips and the quality is not a huge issue (in other words, I'm looking to keep the same file size or reduce them by a little).

Using Quicktime Pro and Quick Keys seems a pretty cumbersome way to do this. Is there any batch watermarking program for mac that does video?

I don't really have a need for any of the other advanced features of Final Cut, but there must be something else that can do this?

2. shinji thread starter macrumors 6502a

shinji

Anyone have an educated guess? Or can at least point me in the right direction?

3. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I don't know much about it, but this looks like a job for Automator. I have never used it, but you might want to check it out.

P-Worm

4. shinji thread starter macrumors 6502a

shinji

I will check out automator...wouldn't that mean I need a command-line app that can watermark video at the same spot in each (these are all the same duration/dimensions btw)? I know VLC has some basic functionality like that?