Batman Begins....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Oct 23, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

I'd pretty much like to slap my significant other for buying this movie and wasting two hours of my time. :D

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

(a) Maybe he's into that, and that's why he bought it for you to watch :D
    (b) I liked the movie. Pure escapism, true, not thought provoking, true... but I thought it was fun.

3. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Now the question begs to be asked.. Are you a Batman fan at all? The reason I ask is because I want to know if this is a suck Batman movie or just a suck movie altogether.. Would a Batman fan give it more credit than a non Batman fan?

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Batman fans tend to agree this is the best Batman movie ever. I'll also agree. As a movie, it's also very good. Full of special effects and action, and even so, I would not characterize the movie as an action movie.

The Offical Batman Begins thread

5. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I loved the other Batman movies.

6. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I was never into Batman but this movie was really good...what didn't you like about it?

7. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

batman begins is the best comic representation of batman ever... batman and robin was silly as hell and i could not even call that a true batman movie.. forever was alright as kilmer played an alright role was bruce wayne.. the first too, though a bit campy, were fine..

8. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

and this is the reason why you think this one sucks. If you liked the Clooney or Kilmer Batmans, then of course your going to think a kick ass batman movie sucks because you loved two horrible horrible excuses of crap

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i really enjoyed Begins, thought it was a much better direction for the series.

do they have any more batman movies planned?

10. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Maybe Batman Continues and Batman Ends? ;)

11. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I liked the movie with one exception.

If the microwave ray plot device thing was powerful enough to blast open solid steel water pipes, it would tend to reason that it would be strong enough to boil the water inside humans and cause them to burst too.

12. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

The first Batman is the best. Batman Returns was OK but it was a little too twisted for my liking. After that it was just downhill all the way.

BOOOOOO!

13. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I thought the first half of this movie was one of the best I had ever seen. I was very intrigued by how bruce wayne became batman and the chooses he made. the movie lost it for me at the car chase, it started to feel like the last few Batman movies, just lots of action and stupid little gadjets.

14. Sogo macrumors 6502

I saw the movie the other day, and I have to say that I liked it. I especially liked Alfred, who I think was compleltly bad ass in this movie!

15. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Of course Michael Caine kicks ass. Where have you been? :p

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i thought batman begins and the 1st one was the best....the other one was so full of colors and crap.....gald they got back to the root of batman cuz the batman thing was becoming lame.

Bless

17. Sogo macrumors 6502

My only complaint, was how bruce talked as batman. But beyond that...everything was cool in my book.

18. mpw Guest

Katie Holmes in the final scene, in that blouse with those nipples saved a disappointing movie for me, although I guess that wouldn't do much for you iGary.

19. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wait.....nipples was shown!
    :eek:

and i missed it! damn!

20. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Fairly mixed opinions here... it's one of the movie options on my 10+ hour flight next week and now I'm not sure whether it's worth watching or not.

21. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Ooh, ooh, you coming to America?

I find a couple of Xanax's and a half a carafe of Merlot is much betterthan enduring 10 hours on a plane. :eek:

22. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

He's a better Alfred than Michael Gough. Never expected that. :eek:

23. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

WATCH IT!!! I saw it twice in theaters and have already watched the DVD. :p It's not earth-shatteringly amazing, but it's entertaining.

24. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Yup... out to the West Coast (Bay Area and then Vegas) to visit some friends. I've found an excuse to make that 'trip of a lifetime' (excuse in 1996) each year since! :rolleyes:

The second option is what I do on the flight home when I really have to sleep.
    I'm flying Virgin so I have my fingers crossed that we're on the planes with the V:pORT video on demand system. Last time I was on a flight with that system, I gave up on sleeping and could have done with the pilot doing another hour or so in the Heathrow stack to finish watching the movies/shows I had lined up!

25. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I simply loved this movie. The 1989 Batman was my favorite until this one, and there was just something about it that did it for me. Story, action, atmosphere - I loved it all. Christopher Nolan did an amazing job directing I thought and I can't wait for the sequel.

Sorry that you didn't like it iGary, but that's what keeps the world interesting - people with different opinions. :) :cool: