Batman: Dead End

Discussion in 'Community' started by 000111one111000, Nov 1, 2003.

1. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

Here's the link to download the short film.

Batman: Dead End

This film was originally only meant to be seen by a few people as a demo reel of the director's, basically showing people what he could do.

At ComicCon 2003, when fans caught wind of the film, there were, if I remember correctly, 5000 people lined up to see it. Maybe it was only 1000, I don't really remember. Either way, rather impressive.

And as a note, the director, Sandy Collora made basically everything you see in this film. The Batsuit, cowl, all the other creatures, EVERYTHING. He used to work for Stan Winston.

Anyway, if you like Batman, or even if you don't, just take a gander at this flick and lemme know what you think. :) I'm dying to hear if others love this thing as much as me. :)

enjoy :)

enoch

2. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

thanks man. i read about this in the alien vs. predator thread. the full screen version downloads a little under 50kb/sec so i'll just sit back and do something productive. being a batman fan, have you heard any news regarding a new movie? i heard a while back that darren arfonsky may be taking the helm.

3. 000111one111000 thread starter macrumors regular

Aronofsky is no longer doing it, at least not this time.

Chris Nolan (Memento) is directing, David Goyer is writing, and Christian Bale (American Psycho) is starring as Batman/Bruce Wayne.

Current title is "Batman: Intimidation Game" and it's being filmed at the Pinewood/Shepperton Studios in the UK.

Anthony Hopkins & Morgan Freeman are currently rumored to be cast as well, but their parts or even if it's true is still unknown.

That's about all I can think of right now. If I think of anything else, I'll post it in here. :)

enoch

4. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I enjoyed it, though I wish it were longer....
    thanks for posting it.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Wow that's wierd. A friend of mine is the one who cut that (didn't even know it until I saw the credits). Small world. Anyway, I e-mailed my friend to see if it was him or just someone w/the same name and he said he's the one who cut it. The director paid for this short out of pocket ($30k) as a piece for his reel (as stated above) and it blew up into a mini-cult following. My friend wasn't specific but he said because of this short the director has been marked to helm a feature and my friend is hoping he'll be asked to edit it. This is so cool. I really my friend gets the chance to cut the feature, that would just be awesome.

Lethal

6. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Anybody else having playback issues in QT with this?

I'm on 10.3, QT 6.4.

7. 000111one111000 thread starter macrumors regular

The full-screen version is MPEG2, I believe. So, I'd suggest using MPlayer. I haven't watch the full-screen one in a while, but if I remember correctly, MPlayer plays it just fine.

Or, go and buy the MPEG2 thingy for QuickTime, and then it should play fine in QuickTime.

enoch

8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

They really should include the MPEG2 playback in Qt Pro.

MPlayer works fine.

9. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

hasn't this been around for awhile?...

i remember seeing this quite some time ago...

anyway, yeah it's a very good effort considering how many people worked on it.

you've just got to keep telling yourself that it's a fan film though. most people are used to seeing the really polished style of hollywood movies. but yeah, i like fanfilms like this. :)

10. medea macrumors 68030

medea

I used VLC and it worked fine as well.