Battersea Power Station

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hob, Aug 8, 2006.

1. hob macrumors 68020

hob

The other day, I drove my station all the way to Clapham Junction station from my home on the outskirts of London (Bromley).

Anyway, on the way back, my GPS took me past The Oval, and just before I got there there were some huge billboard - 6-10 all advertising the new Battersea Power Station development. There's a website here.

It's gonna have an underground event venue (as in gigs!!), shopping etc.

Wonder if anyone at Apple UK knows about it... It'd be a great place to put a nice big glass Apple Store!!

Anyone have an email address??

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    If they finally get round to building/finishing it this time.

The transport there is also pretty lousy and there won't be any Tube to it - if they're lucky they'll persuade a few more trains to stop at Battersea Park.

I think if Apple were going to put another store in 'central' London, they'd be looking at more at Kings Road (the Sloane Square end where they happen to be refitting)

3. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Does Apple really need another central London store?! The Regent St store is huge and has only just been refurbished. Plus it's never really that busy.

On the other hand, they could probably do with having one in one of these big towns just outside of London, such as Croydon or Guildford, maybe.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    You've got to be joking. I've rarely managed to get on any demo anything in there - even after asking. And the Genius Bar (even with a Procare card for the first year) could still mean an hour's wait.

They are going to Kingston. Croydon doesn't have the new shopping centre for it. Given their apparent target market, I'm currently predicting an Apple store (at least initially) in every mall/town that also has a John Lewis :p

5. iGav macrumors G3

That's the thing isn't it... this has been going on for the best part of 2 decades now. :rolleyes:

But anything that improves south of the river has to be a good thing. heh.

Though it's still a massive shame that the Richard Rogers Coin Street development never saw the light of day... that had the potential to be truly magnificent, and one that would have really revitalised the south bank. :(

6. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I'm ROFL & steaming at the same time. What an odd combo. ROFL at your post and steaming at the (lack of) service. Procare ain't worth ****.

7. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

hob

The site talks about adding stransport infrastructure to the Battersea area.

I think it would be a really good looking building to have an Apple store in!

1. Yes - Manchester has two. London needs to be well in the lead in terms of apple stores! :p
    2. They're opening one in the Bentall centre in Kingston