Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
I timed it this time. I knew the charge didn't last very long, but I had no idea it was this short. I used to get a full 45 minutes of use before going into sleep mode, but latlely, it's been quite short.

Activity level is just surfing MacRumors with no applications open. Brightness is all the way up. This is the original battery however, maybe it's about shot, I don't know. Do you think it's time for a new battery?

PowerBook G4 Ti 800 MHz/DVI/15.2"

fistful

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
Socan
I think it's definitely time for a new battery. It's not like it's going to magically regain it's charge.

If you're just using it for surfing MR I see no reason running at full power, I'd recommend running on the "better battery life" energy setting when you're not plugged in.

Make sure you check into this battery recall before you decide on buying a new battery.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Yeah I already checked the recall list, it's not on it. I was hoping it was so I could get a free replacement. :p

One thing strange though - when I plugged it back in for the recharge, the adapter light stayed amber while the charge indicator stayed at 0% for like a half hour, then all of a sudden without registering any other numbers, it's at 100% with a green light.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.