battery 4.5 hrs, drop to 2-3 hrs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Artsy, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Artsy macrumors newbie

Hi

My macbook pro is brand new since 27th Tuesday March 07. I do following the calibrating battery and leave recharge battery overnight (incl rest mbp for an hour or so)

I have attached screenshot of my remaining battery (4:57). 10 mins or so, the remaining battery changed to 3 or around 2:40 and it usually change remaining to 1 to 2 or whatever. Odd :confused:

coconutbattery
    Current battery charge: 4124 mAh
    Maximum battery charge: 5362 mAh

Current battery capacity: 5362 mAh
    Original: 5500 mAh
    (Battery is not charging and not connected charger, battery loadcycles: 4 and age of my mac is 4 weeks)

Do you think my battery is something wrong?

Attached Files:

2. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

You did not follow proper calibration techniques unique to Intel Macs.

You're supposed to leave it discharged and in sleep for at least 5 hours before charging the battery.

and you will never get 4 and a half hours on a standard battery.

kinda off topic but...is there a sudden flood of people joining macrumors with bad grammar?

3. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I've picked up on this too.

4. Artsy thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah didn't know to leave it discharged. But that is crazy, like how am I going to use laptop after battery went flat? I dislike to leave it rest for at least 5 hours.

btw I have used battery power until empty today, received the warning message then I continued to work until mbp shut down. I leave it for at least 5 hours, I'll recharge in the next morning until green light. (Will let you know the results after recharged battery). I read the manual it says must do calibrating battery for the first week then do it for once a month...

About your off topic, remember English is not the largest spoken language in the world. Not everyone are good at English.