Battery boost apps

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WOLF COUNSELOR, Dec 25, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

WOLF COUNSELOR

Before I start with the thread, Merry Christmas everyone!

Regarding the apps, do they really work? I'm looking into purchasing the Boost magic pro app if it indeed does make a difference. I have looked up videos on it but no one seems to confirm its effectiveness, just its functions. Let me know what you guys think. Do you guys know of a different one that has a better impact?

Thanks beforehand!

2. macrumors newbie

Apps like that just give you advice on how to save power, they don't actually do anything themselves

3. macrumors 65816

Yes. It is impossible to improve battery life that way. Technology doesn't work that way.

4. macrumors 6502a

Strictly speaking it is possible to save battery power with an app, but the apps in the AppStore can't do that kind of stuff because Apple doesn't want them to have such powers. There are apps for jailbroken iPhones like Auto3G which automatically disable specified radios e.g. when the display turns off.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

WOLF COUNSELOR

This is what I thought, basically the same with android but I wanted to be sure since apple uses a different battery than most android phones and this app had nearly perfect reviews. I guess a lot of people spent a buck on free advice you can find online for free. Cant wait for this JB to fall through for the Iphone 5.