battery capacity after 4 weeks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flalaw, Nov 21, 2006.

1. flalaw macrumors regular

Aug 11, 2006
    United States
    My MBP is a month old and coconut is reporting that my battery is at 95% capacity. I calibrated 20 days ago and have been through 10 cycles. 95% isn't bad at all, but should I be concerned that the capacity will drop very quickly w/ time since its lost 5% in less than 5 weeks? Is this at all typical or is it a problem w/ coconut? Judging from other threads, most people get down to 95% in more like 5 months rather than 5 weeks.
  2. vader26 macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2006
    Yeah, I've had mine about three weeks and it is still over 100% according to coconut. Calibrated the first night i had it. I would think that to be down at 95% already would be a little much a little to fast.
  3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    They don't always start out at exactly 100% after the initial calibration...some are a bit higher and some a bit lower. Has yours actually dropped or did it start at something less than 100%?
  4. flalaw thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 11, 2006
    United States
    This is actually the first time I've checked my capacity. I guess I'll start tracking it now and see if it drops another 5% in the next month. Anyone else noticing similar drops?
  5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

Oct 5, 2006
    London, United Kingdom
    Mine is at 89% at its 2 months old with 56 charge cycles? sureley this cant be good. i had a 5yr old dell laptop which until i gave up when i got this had a battery capacity of 90%. What can i do about this? complain to apple? :confused:
  6. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Feb 24, 2006
    mines at 99% only 16 cycles, got it when they were released
  7. e12a macrumors 68000

Oct 28, 2006
    Since Nov 1 (delivered) i'm at 99%. 5 cycles. About once a week.
  8. flalaw thread starter macrumors regular

Aug 11, 2006
    United States
    hmm..not good. i got mine just a week or so before you did. hopefully stuff will be okay and it won't drop more.
  9. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

May 16, 2006
    Aarhus C, Denmark
    mine's down to 85% after 6 months and 113 loadcycles... but can you actually complain to apple about this?? and how?? and should I have applecare to do so? btw what is the price of a new battery?
  10. PillarFan1 macrumors member

Oct 3, 2006
    according to mine:

current battery capacity : 6859 mAh
    original battery capacity : 5500 mAh

Battery-Loadcycles - 8
    Age of Mac - 7 weeks

ps, i leave my comp plugged in charger all the time, except for like 10 seconds when i move and sit in bed and have to unplug it from desk and plug it in here, and ive left comp on pretty much 24/7 since ive gotten it