battery capacity after 4 weeks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flalaw, Nov 21, 2006.

1. flalaw macrumors regular

My MBP is a month old and coconut is reporting that my battery is at 95% capacity. I calibrated 20 days ago and have been through 10 cycles. 95% isn't bad at all, but should I be concerned that the capacity will drop very quickly w/ time since its lost 5% in less than 5 weeks? Is this at all typical or is it a problem w/ coconut? Judging from other threads, most people get down to 95% in more like 5 months rather than 5 weeks.

2. vader26 macrumors regular

Yeah, I've had mine about three weeks and it is still over 100% according to coconut. Calibrated the first night i had it. I would think that to be down at 95% already would be a little much a little to fast.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

They don't always start out at exactly 100% after the initial calibration...some are a bit higher and some a bit lower. Has yours actually dropped or did it start at something less than 100%?

4. flalaw thread starter macrumors regular

This is actually the first time I've checked my capacity. I guess I'll start tracking it now and see if it drops another 5% in the next month. Anyone else noticing similar drops?

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

Mine is at 89% at its 2 months old with 56 charge cycles? sureley this cant be good. i had a 5yr old dell laptop which until i gave up when i got this had a battery capacity of 90%. What can i do about this? complain to apple? :confused:

6. Clydefrog macrumors 6502a

Clydefrog

mines at 99% only 16 cycles, got it when they were released

7. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

Since Nov 1 (delivered) i'm at 99%. 5 cycles. About once a week.

8. flalaw thread starter macrumors regular

hmm..not good. i got mine just a week or so before you did. hopefully stuff will be okay and it won't drop more.

9. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

mine's down to 85% after 6 months and 113 loadcycles... but can you actually complain to apple about this?? and how?? and should I have applecare to do so? btw what is the price of a new battery?

10. PillarFan1 macrumors member

according to mine:

current battery capacity : 6859 mAh
    original battery capacity : 5500 mAh

100%

Battery-Loadcycles - 8
    Age of Mac - 7 weeks

ps, i leave my comp plugged in charger all the time, except for like 10 seconds when i move and sit in bed and have to unplug it from desk and plug it in here, and ive left comp on pretty much 24/7 since ive gotten it