Battery charge indicator stays amber/orange at 96 to 100%

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Abstract, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Several hours ago, I charged my laptop battery from empty, and the battery charge indicator turned orange, which is perfectly normal. However, it never seems to turn green once it finishes charging, so I was afraid that my battery was constantly being charged despite being full. However, I found that by restarting my 12" rev B Powerbook, this issue would go away.

Today it was different. As long as my power adapter is plugged into my PB, the light is amber and remains amber, and the battery indicator at the top-right part of the screen has a lightning bolt running through it (which normally means that it's charging). Now it NEVER turns green, despite being at 99%.

I can't really tell if it's harming my battery or not. How do I get rid of this orange/amber light when my laptop is clearly full?

PS: I tried resetting my PMU, and to no avail. :(
  2. sparky76 macrumors regular

Jul 2, 2003
    Try pulling out the power lead for about 10 minutes and then plugging it back in. The PB should be charging from about 95% and the indicator will turn green when it reaches 100%. This works for me, as I sometimes see the same problem on my rev A 17" PB.