Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m85476585

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I have a 1st gen iPod Touch 8gb (software version 2.2). When I went to use it today, as soon as I turned it on, I got a warning that there was less than 10% battery remaining. The problem is that I know I fully charged it just a couple days ago, and I haven't used it since. The battery normally does not drain any measurable amount if I am not using it.

What could have caused this battery drain? Could it be as simple as something in my backpack holding the button? Shouldn't it ignore that/go back to sleep after a few seconds? Could it be a software thing, like an app still running, or music playing? I plugged in my headphones, and there does not seem to be any music playing.

Sorry about the vague post... I'm just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem or if I am missing something obvious.

m85476585

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Fetch new data is set to manual. I had it on standby as always (turning it off completely seems to use a lot of battery when it reboots.

It hasn't done it again so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.