Battery door problems

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by huycke, Feb 5, 2004.

1. huycke macrumors newbie

Oct 30, 2003
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 1Ghz PB at the beginning of January. So far I love it but there is one thing wrong with it.....I can't get the battery access door open! I wanted to install airport extreme today but I cannot get the door open. Maybe I'm missing something but when you turn the little key slot the battery door should pop up, right? Mine just makes a clicking noise when the key slot is turned to the unlocked position. I've tried prying gently but I'm afraid that I'll wreck something. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there another way into the battery compartment? It's not like I need to routinely access the battery compartment but I would like to install an airport card without having to send it into applecare. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. freeflydrew macrumors member

Feb 6, 2004
    sounds to me like a trip to the apple store...
  3. tomf87 macrumors 65816

Sep 10, 2003
    I've had batteries stick in other laptops before. Try keeping the laptop right side up, like you were going to use it, and turn the latch. Most of the time gravity will assist you and the battery will fall out. Other times, a little pressure is needed.

Since you don't want the battery to fall far, I usually do this over my couch. It makes for a nice soft landing.