Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bavbavis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I have just bought a lovely G3 Pismo from eBay, but the battery is toast! I am in the UK and have been trawling the web and eBay for a battery. No luck so far. Does anyone know where I can get either an original (unlikely) or good replacement battery in the UK?

Thanks in advance.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
I have just bought a lovely G3 Pismo from eBay, but the battery is toast! I am in the UK and have been trawling the web and eBay for a battery. No luck so far. Does anyone know where I can get either an original (unlikely) or good replacement battery in the UK?

Thanks in advance.
There are ways to take apart the dead battery and just make your own with fresh batteries... check youtube and google around for it.

Reactions: barbu and 1042686

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Newertech and VHBW sold Pismo batteries - I bought one VHBW from Amazon two years ago.
Not an option in the UK, however.

For the OP, setting up a search alert in eBay is your best bet. There was a seller in Germany with plenty a while back but I haven't looked recently. Economically, it isn't worth paying through the nose for up to 2hrs of battery life tbh.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
I bought my Pismo battery from the seller in Germany, two years ago.

Looks like only Wallstreet batteries available now but I still think Germany is the best bet for now. Otherwise, OP can also bookmark thebookyard.com for a UK source of legacy Mac spare parts but he shouldn't expect eBay prices or availability.

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
There were some NOS ones on Ebay a few months back. From my experience, they give an honest 4-5 hour battery life, and the seller backed them up with a warranty.

About the best you can do is be patient and hope someone puts something like that up again. I stocked up on batteries from that seller.

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: barbu and AphoticD

OLD APPLE

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2019
Dear Powerbook fans . I am doing loft clearance and have found two M7318 in box .The dat on on easy May 2006. I bought these for my two long dead G3 powerbooks and the batteries have live untouched in the loft all these year. I have no idea if they work or what they are worth. I f you fancy a gamble then make me an offer to include postage. I would be a shame to bin them. I also have two PRAM batteries for G3 PISmo - part 616-0108. make me an offer if you want them.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Dear Powerbook fans . I am doing loft clearance and have found two M7318 in box .The dat on on easy May 2006. I bought these for my two long dead G3 powerbooks and the batteries have live untouched in the loft all these year. I have no idea if they work or what they are worth. I f you fancy a gamble then make me an offer to include postage. I would be a shame to bin them. I also have two PRAM batteries for G3 PISmo - part 616-0108. make me an offer if you want them.
Where are you based, please? It'll make it a lot easier for members to consider an offer as you're mostly not allowed to post lithium batteries abroad.

Cheers :)

Hugh

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
Thank you very much. Let me know when you're ready and I will make contact by Personal Message.

Cheers :)

Hugh

bobnugget

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
England
Please can I buy the second one at the same price if it's still available? I could do with one for my Pismo too. I'm also in the UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.