Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbb155

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
Bout an MBBA refurb. When I first charged it, it says it is fully charged, but battery is only at 95%. what gives? do i return it?

juro

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2007
Let it drain to about 94% and then charge it again - it will fully charge to 100% after.

This is just Apple's way of minimizing the cycling of the battery. Call it an allowance, if you will.

It always reads fully charged when at 95%.

sbb155

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
and the other issue is that now that it drains a little, it seems to drain pretty fast. It 10 minutes of internet surfing it has gone from 100% to 90%. Is this normal? Screen is on lowest brightness and no video is playing. Just surfing these forums, no other apps open. I am on wifi.

aldo818

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2009
South of France
Are you guys talking about the battery health or charge? Mine since i got it never got over 96% in battery health but i get 100 % charge .

At the beginning i was worried with this battery health thing but then i called apple care and read in this forum that it s normal. Eventhough i would prefer it to be at 100%

BlackMax

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2007
North Carolina
I've had my refurb MBA 11.6 now for about two weeks. I've calibrated my battery twice in that time (run on battery until the MBA shuts down, let it sit for 6+ hours and then charge it completely) and my battery had never gotten above 98% when fully charged.

I realize it is just being nit-picky, but I would like it to reach 100% as well when fully charged. I will try juro's recommendation above and see if that works for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.