Battery Icon on G5?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by chucksmac, Aug 8, 2004.

1. macrumors newbie

I just set up my new dual 2.5 G5 and did the setup assistant transfer function. Everything worked perfect except for the the battery icon on the menu bar. What I mean is that there is a battery icon on the menu bar on a computer that has no real battery. I transferred the data from a titanium powerbook G4. I haven't tried dragging it off but I will in the morning. Has anyone encountered this?

2. macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

That's not surprising, if you had a battery on the Powerbook and you used the new transfer utility included with new G5s then it'll transfer everything including menu items :rolleyes:
    Just command-drag it off the menu bar, what's the problem with that?

3. macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Makes sense to me. The OS still has the battery checking software in it, even on desktop Macs, so this was probably enabled because of a preferences file that was transfered from your Titanium.

4. macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

this is the first time i have said this but

a portable G5 tower!!! with a car battery to handle all those fans! TRULY PORTABLE POWERBOOK~!

5. macrumors 6502a

RGunner

UPS?

My G5 has a battery icon, reads the UPS charge and time remaining when AC is cut... very nice.

6. macrumors 65816

Darwin

If you've copied the settings theres the possibility that Software Update will deliver Laptop updates (Battery Updates, hardware etc) , keep an eye out :p

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses, I'll try them in the morning when I get to my office.

C.

8. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

As you probably know, you drag it off the menu bar with a command-drag (i.e., command button + mouse drag).

Also, RGunner, very interesting about the UPS! I'll have to check that out when I get home!