Battery life: is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by rye9, Mar 18, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

rye9

With a battery life of 2 hours for video, is it worth getting the iPod video? I mean, this iPod is obviously advertised for its video capabilities, but you can only use 2 hours of it on a FULL charge. I think it might be best to wait and see what the true iPod video is like if it comes out in 2 weeks. Hopefully that has a battery life of at least 6 hours for video.

2. Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I think you answered your own question.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Yeah, I did, didn't I. :D

4. macrumors G4

Mord

5. macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I don't these specific ipods were made to watch full length movies really. More like short clips and the such. Thus why the rumors about the video ipod instead of the ipod with video

6. macrumors 68000

lamina

If/when Apple does come out with the true Video iPod, they better have a pretty radical battery technology built into it. The 5G iPod does about 2 hours of video on a screen that is about half the rumored size of the Video iPod. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

7. macrumors regular

i don't know anyone who uses their ipod for just video. i mean, you could sit there for 3 or 4 hours and stare at that tiny screen, or, like most people, you could use it as intended and listen to music for 20+ hours. :cool: