battery life on 30gig ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by swingline, Aug 22, 2006.

1. swingline macrumors member

how many hours of play do you get before the battery is drained? i'm getting about 9 right now and wondering if i should get a new battery. i miss my creative nomad touch with its 22 hours battery life...:(

2. swingline thread starter macrumors member

oh and i should proabably add that i have a 5g video ipod.

3. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

[EDIT] Completely misunderstood your question. I don't know the answer to that. I remember my 60GB ViPod used to get about 15 hours of music, so yes, I would say there is something wrong with yours, but how long have you had it? And how often do you use it?

Daniel.

4. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

I believe that 14 hours is the standard and once it falls below 7 it is addressed as a problem by apple and tehy will replace the battery for free as long as the ipod is tiill under warrenty!

5. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

So if you're at nine and need to get below seven, just keep the iPod plugged in all the time and watch videos on repeat until about a month before your warranty runs out! ;) That should totally destroy your battery life enough for Apple to replace it!

Daniel.

6. ipodcentral112 macrumors regular

Haha, you can just bring it to the apple store as is, who knows, maybe tehy will jsut replace it now!

7. shiv macrumors member

shiv

Hi,
    I had just purchased an ipod video 30gb a couple weeks ago. I didn't know if I was getting proper battery life out of my ipod. So, I drained it fully. Then I charged it till it showed that plug sign (instead of lightening) in the battery meter) I took it off charge about 4 hours after I plugged it in.
    I left the ipod on continuous play through my audio library. It lasted for just about 12 1/2 hours till it just switched off. Once in a while I would touch the scroll wheel just so I could see how much battery life it had. Is this a normal life for audio? Remember, I am not using the scroll with it very much at all. So, I wonder how much less it would be if I just use it regularly scrolling through the day and such?

I wonder if I am truly fully charging the battery. (what is the best way to charge it) Did I maybe not charge it properly the first time round, so now I get a lower charge than average?

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

8. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk