Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
apparently, it looks like i can now only go about 1 1/2 hours running the macbook on battery power before it expires, when a few months ago, i could go for 3-4 hours (even up to last month), but all of a sudden, battery life keeps shrinking so fast, two days ago, it went to 2 hours, now its 1 1/2 hours. i calibrated the other day and it's worse than before. btw, my current battery capacity is actually higher than it was before. 41 cycles for my battery and a 3 month old computer.

i hope my battery isn't going dead. you think a few more calibrations should do the trick to get the battery running like it was before? thanks.

hircus

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2007
Mid-west, USA
i hope my battery isn't going dead. you think a few more calibrations should do the trick to get the battery running like it was before? thanks.

I'm afraid it does look that way. The battery should normally last at least 2 years with normal usage, so you could probably ask Apple to replace it.

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
the battery has been charging for four hours now (it was at about 5%) and now it's at 86%, but the indicator says i have about another hour to go until it's fully charged. this looks like another bad sign, and that i should take this to an apple store as soon as possible.

jonmf76

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2006
I think I noticed the same thing in mine...but I didn't want to look. I was really impressed with the long life when I first got it, now it resembles my old toshiba which is now a door stop... :-(

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
does that go for me too? battery life is still around 1.5-2 hours for me, and that's a big no no....

i'm probably going to schedule a meeting with the genius next saturday if this persists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.