battery life quickly shrinking in mb

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by furcalchick, Mar 24, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

apparently, it looks like i can now only go about 1 1/2 hours running the macbook on battery power before it expires, when a few months ago, i could go for 3-4 hours (even up to last month), but all of a sudden, battery life keeps shrinking so fast, two days ago, it went to 2 hours, now its 1 1/2 hours. i calibrated the other day and it's worse than before. btw, my current battery capacity is actually higher than it was before. 41 cycles for my battery and a 3 month old computer.

i hope my battery isn't going dead. you think a few more calibrations should do the trick to get the battery running like it was before? thanks.

2. hircus macrumors member

I'm afraid it does look that way. The battery should normally last at least 2 years with normal usage, so you could probably ask Apple to replace it.

3. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

the battery has been charging for four hours now (it was at about 5%) and now it's at 86%, but the indicator says i have about another hour to go until it's fully charged. this looks like another bad sign, and that i should take this to an apple store as soon as possible.

4. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

restarted the computer, and it's not much better....i think the battery is bad.

5. jonmf76 macrumors newbie

I think I noticed the same thing in mine...but I didn't want to look. I was really impressed with the long life when I first got it, now it resembles my old toshiba which is now a door stop... :-(

6. Ibjr macrumors 6502a

Call Apple. They will replace it.

7. furcalchick thread starter macrumors 68020

furcalchick

does that go for me too? battery life is still around 1.5-2 hours for me, and that's a big no no....

i'm probably going to schedule a meeting with the genius next saturday if this persists.

8. Ibjr macrumors 6502a

If you got your macbook within the last year then probably.