Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrumpyTrucker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2014
Lol. What if they gave you a refurbished phone!

OK I bit the bullet and checked the swapped out phone in Coconut. Looks like I may have fallen lucky, unless Apple are able to reset the stats when they refurb. Which they probably can

. 2016-09-24_01.png

Reactions: jay.hawkz

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
A hard reset usually calibrates the battery I find..

A hard reset is the same as unplugging a computer (or holding down the power button on a laptop) without shutting down first. It's never a good idea unless the device is completely hung since it can result in lost or corrupted data.

Even Apple doesn't recommend doing that for any reason other than the phone not responding.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Just update to 10.1 Beta three days ago. The battery life is pretty good (by considering my 6+ is 2 years old, Battery Life estimate my battery capacity drop to below 85%).

This is my one day use, off plug for about 12 hours, 3.5hours usage, and 70% remaining. BT always on and paired with my Apple watch. Wi-Fi always on no matter where I am. LTE always on regardless signal strength.
IMG_1244.PNG

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
Just update to 10.1 Beta three days ago. The battery life is pretty good (by considering my 6+ is 2 years old, Battery Life estimate my battery capacity drop to below 85%).

This is my one day use, off plug for about 12 hours, 3.5hours usage, and 70% remaining. BT always on and paired with my Apple watch. Wi-Fi always on no matter where I am. LTE always on regardless signal strength.
View attachment 658809

Pretty good unless it's music taking up the usage... Also 6 devices seemed to less issues. It was the S models with a problem for some reason.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Pretty good unless it's music taking up the usage... Also 6 devices seemed to less issues. It was the S models with a problem for some reason.

May be it's the new functions related (e.g. wake on raise). So, only the S model is affected.

I rarely listen music. My main use is Safari and Facebook (apart from the normal smart phone function e.g. Message, WhatsApp, making calls).

Anyway, the 10.1 Beta has new charge algorithm, may be that helps. I will ask my wife hows the battery and report back, she has the 6s+, and I also installed the 10.1 beta for her. She is a pure user, won't monitor anything, won't customise anything, and she usually stick with her phone for whole day. So, her comment should be quite fair. Anyway, wake on raise is disable on her 6s+, because she don't want her phone wake itself in her bag.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
May be it's the new functions related (e.g. wake on raise). So, only the S model is affected.

I rarely listen music. My main use is Safari and Facebook (apart from the normal smart phone function e.g. Message, WhatsApp, making calls).

Anyway, the 10.1 Beta has new charge algorithm, may be that helps. I will ask my wife hows the battery and report back, she has the 6s+, and I also installed the 10.1 beta for her. She is a pure user, won't monitor anything, won't customise anything, and she usually stick with her phone for whole day. So, her comment should be quite fair. Anyway, wake on raise is disable on her 6s+, because she don't want her phone wake itself in her bag.

I've always had it off and I had issues...

Follow up to my last post, I'm sticking to 9.3.5 for a while until 10 has it's issues worked out. I don't want to miss the downgrade window and be stuck. Especially after it seems like security is more laxed in 10

MS_Hedrick

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2016
Absolute Worst battery performance since owning this 6+ Pathetic
Running 10.0.1

Auto Brightness on, brightness set to 1/3

Battery life has taken at least a 30% hit since coming to iOS 10
IMG_0387.PNG

Reactions: Potus325

Natya Sadella

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2016
Whats the best app to monitor my battery? I downloaded 'battery life' and the app says that my 6s bought in february has a wear of 13%. This is not normal right?

GrumpyTrucker

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2014
Whats the best app to monitor my battery? I downloaded 'battery life' and the app says that my 6s bought in february has a wear of 13%. This is not normal right?

There's a few posts in this thread about it not being very accurate. Even the app itself says it can give different readings in different temperatures. I saw it go from 5% wear to 23% and back to 7% over a three hour window. IF you have a Mac (or access to one) try Coconut Battery but I don't know what might work from Windows.

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
Wonder if ios 10.0.2 improves battery life on the iphone 6s... I installed on the ipod touch 6 and i think it did on it.

vlinkz

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Wonder if ios 10.0.2 improves battery life on the iphone 6s... I installed on the ipod touch 6 and i think it did on it.

iOS 10.0.1 destroyed the battery life on my 6s Plus but 10.0.2 has fixed it a little. I'm sitting here with 44 mins usage and 6 hours standby on 96%. I'd go into more detail over what I used during those 44 minutes but it's a combination of Phone, Messages, News, and Amazon.

Before upgrading to 10.0.2 I needed to put it into Low Power Mode all day to keep it charged.

Reactions: smorrissey

smorrissey

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2015
All this is becoming a little mess, some people are saying they don't have any issues in fact they are getting better battery life on ios 10 and i believe them, now i'm thinking these issues are related to the model of the model. Iphone 6s have 3 different models, and different manufacturer processors (Samsung and TMC)....i have the samsung one on my iphone 6s and i rembember the best one for the iphone 6s (the faster) was the TMC one perhaps that's the problem or who knows...=(

vlinkz

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2006
Pacific Northwest
All this is becoming a little mess, some people are saying they don't have any issues in fact they are getting better battery life on ios 10 and i believe them, now i'm thinking these issues are related to the model of the model. Iphone 6s have 3 different models, and different manufacturer processors (Samsung and TMC)....i have the samsung one on my iphone 6s and i rembember the best one for the iphone 6s (the faster) was the TMC one perhaps that's the problem or who knows...=(

I too have the Samsung model. It has always had worse battery life than the TSMC one.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas

I have the TMC chip. Running 10.0.1 with 6s. Think my battery is better. Not using raise to wake and turned off all the new message stuff.

Thor_1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
Texas
I know, having good luck with 10.0.1 so I figured I would wait. I normally don't upgrade iOS for several weeks after it comes out, just wanted to try 10 and it works good for me.

idark77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2014
Same issue here iPhone 6S and iPad Air 2.
Battery life has taken at least a 30% hit since coming to iOS 10.
:(

Donga120

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
UK
A hard reset is the same as unplugging a computer (or holding down the power button on a laptop) without shutting down first. It's never a good idea unless the device is completely hung since it can result in lost or corrupted data.

Even Apple doesn't recommend doing that for any reason other than the phone not responding.

Done this for 4 years never had a problem and I bet no one else has on a phone.

darushah.shah

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2016
Having pathetic battery life on my 6s. Did a DFU restore yesterday with no backup restore. Manually insatlled apps from App Store and still it sucks. Restore to iOS 10.0.2. Very unhappy.

Attachments

• IMG_0011.PNG
    IMG_0011.PNG
    121.8 KB · Views: 182
Reactions: smorrissey

Nisaja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2016
That's exactly what I'm getting. Did you check your battery using coconut battery?

stooovie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2010
Please don't report battery issues earlier than a few days after installing an update. It's irrelevant at that stage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.