Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

f41dh1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Hi guys! I have bought Ipod Video 4 months ago. Right now, its battery life is only approximately 1-2 hours if I changed tracks or watching videos. However, I gave it to my sister and planning to buy a new one. And right now, I want to know everything about taking care the battery before I get one. So, my questions are:

1) Is it okay for me to charge the ipod longer than apple recommendations?
2) Do we have to change the batter every year? Because it always happen to my other ipods. After one year, the battery life became very very short. Probably lasts 50 minutes - 90 minutes. How much is it per replacement?

The last question is:-
3) Is there any chance I can get the battery that Sony use for its mp3 player and put it in the ipod? It is because I have a Sony Walkman (currently use) and its battery life used to be 35 hours and after 2 years the battery is still in a good shape. Maybe became a little bit short, but still can beat Ipod Video 4G when the first time I use it.

Thanks.

nicque

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2006
my ipod video only gets 3 hours when i listen to it so ill probably go the apple and see if i could get a new battery for it.

f41dh1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
how much is it for a replacement? because I have asked the Apple Store in my country and it's very expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.