Battery Problem

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nyprospect, Aug 2, 2004.

1. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Hi guys.I noticed that the battery icon is stuck at 1% and wont charge.i have the adapter plugged in and still nothing.Can any one help?

2. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Powerbook or iBook? What model? Are you under warranty? Is the light on the charger green or amber when you plug it in to your laptop? Give us as much detail as possible so we can try and help.

3. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

4. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

Powerbook g4 1.33 The light is green on the adapter i still have warranty how can i tell if the battery is defective.thank so much

5. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Since the light is green the adapter seems to believe your powerbook is charged. Is it? What happens if you unplug the powerbook? Do you really only have 1% of your battery or is the meter just inaccurate?

7. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

When i unplug the powerbook it will shut dwn in seconds but with it pulgged it stays on .im a mac newbie so i dont know much about this problem how do check if the meter is set correct

8. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

now the date and time keeps changing and it says becuase the time is set before some date that some applications will not work properly.Ok now im pissed and i want to sell this thing.

9. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

It sounds like it may be a battery transfer board or logic board problem. It'll definitely need to be serviced.

How recently did you buy it? If it's with in 10 days (I think) you can probably have Apple declare it DOA and get it replaced with a new machine. Otherwise call AppleCare they'll send you a box to return it for service or you can take it to a local service centre.