Battery problems, 11,6" mid-2011 MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mikkeN, Oct 12, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 12, 2011
    Hi everyone!

The problem is that my battery is losing it's capacity after each charge. I got my computer on Friday, and since then my battery max capacity has fallen to 98%. At first charge I got it to the 101%, but now charging to the 100% is impossible. I have 4 loadcycles now. mAh's look like following: 4630(current capacity), 4680(design capacity). I have the 4GB/128GB version of the mid-2011 11,6" Air.

With the 50% brightness, no bluetooth, wifi on, no keyboard backlighting I can expect no more than 3 hours of use (surfing without flash). I know that the battery life on advertisements doesn't meet the real life battery life, but seriously Apple - come on!

1.) What can I do, or should I just call to Apple Care?
    2.) How about the battery calibration? This is mid-2011 model, so I read on the Apple's website that it doesn't need calibration. Is it true?
    3.) Any tips&tricks?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jun 13, 2011
    Somewhere in Europe
    The battery capacity will change. It will go down to 96% than back up to 99% and so on. That happens to everyone.

As for battery time I don't if that is what people usually get on their Macbook Airs.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Aug 29, 2011
    Your system is fine but your expectations are off.

Seriously how can a battery charge to 101 percent?

You think 98 percent is a problem?

Relax and take a deep breath and maybe go out for some exercise!
  4. macrumors member

Aug 26, 2011
    Since i'll probably be flamed for starting a new thread just to ask this, may i tag on to this thread and ask a semi-related question...

My battery seems to be way off from getting 5 hours as well with normal surfing without flash. I haven't really sat down and surfed for hours non-stop to really time it, but it seems that i am getting 3 hours tops.

the only thing i have ever timed is if i leave it to sleep for 24 hours, the battery goes down by 4% — is this normal?

thanks in advance :eek:
  5. macrumors 6502

Jun 27, 2011
    California, USA
    Quite normal. ~3hrs is not on par with apple's advertised battery life, but it seems that most people are not getting even close to 5hrs.