Battery Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by roma.hicks, Nov 30, 2006.

1. roma.hicks macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2006
    I have a iBook G4 with Tiger installed. The problem is that when I plug the iBook in, the icon shows the battery is charging, and then changes to battery power, and then says the computer is plugged in. It changes status almost every second randomly between the three.
    I did get the battery in the iBook right now from the battery exchange program because my previous battery was recalled.
    Could it be a problem with the battery itself or firmware or software? Any ideas?
  2. aquajet macrumors 68020

Feb 12, 2005
    I would start with this and resetting PRAM (press and hold the command, option, P and R keys after reboot until you hear the boot chime a second time). If that doesn't solve the issue, then there might be something wrong with your new battery in which case you'll need to contact AppleCare.
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Plus, check the connection to the adaptor to make sure there isn't anything interfering with it and that it's nice and tightly connected. :)
  4. roma.hicks thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2006
    Problem Resolved?

Well... Shortly after I posted this problem it quit doing it. I don't know what its deal was. I might zap the PRAM just in case, I don't know.