Battery recall - Did you get yours?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fall3n, Feb 12, 2007.

1. fall3n macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2006
    Last summer Apple issued a battery recall for specific PowerBook computers. Mine qualified for this, but I never received my battery. I imagine I should give Apple a call right about now. Did anyone else have to go through this?
  2. psychofreak Retired

May 16, 2006
    This is a good thing, after so long you may increase your battery life dad was really bummed to find that his VAIO (now with 1 hour battery life) was not being recalled...a lot of people buy a new battery after such a time anyway...
  3. bbergie macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2006
    My wife and a co-worker had affected computers, and they ordered new batteries from Apple, who replaced them––as I recall––very efficiently, which is to say within two weeks of first contacting Apple to confirm they each had batteries that quallified for the recall.
  4. fall3n thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 17, 2006
    Are you saying that after a long while your battery life will increase? I don't get that...

Interesting, I never got any notice of mine. I only got a confirmation saying it would be sent out within the next 8-12 weeks (that was in August)...
  5. munckee macrumors 65816

Oct 27, 2005
    Got mine no problem. New one arrived. Dropped the old on in the box and threw it in the mail.
  6. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

Jan 14, 2007
    North Carolina
    My PowerBook 12" battery qualified and I received my new battery without any issues.
  7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Jan 11, 2007
    North Central Florida
    Got mine - ordered it the first day i could, i'd say it was about 8 weeks for it to arrive.

Almost forgot to mail it back though! :rolleyes: I tried to call them for heat issues with it - it had it, just wasn't discolored. NEver got thru - just sent it in the stupid box.

So ya call - and I think you can check online about it too!
  8. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

May 16, 2006
    Central Florida!
    Mine was at my door the next day, sent the old one back