battery taking 8 hours to charge?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Khurram, Feb 4, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

during my first two full charges of the air it took over 8 hours to get a full charge from the battery. Is anyone else experiencing ultra long charge times?
    I really hope this is only because the battery is new because i wont always have this much time to let it charge!
    whats everyone else's experience with charging?

2. macrumors member

Yep, I am having this issue too. I posted about this in the "Official MacBook Air problems" thread. It did seem to get a little faster on my third charge. I called Apple Support and they suggested letting it drain completely and then recharging it to let the battery "calibrate". I am running the battery down now to try it again.

3. macrumors regular

Mine charged in less than 3 hours. Hope that's not a bad sign.

4. macrumors 6502a

Well I won't know until its time to recharge. I charged whatever was left to charge when I got it. Now I have been counting the hours of how long it is going to last during my normal usage.

5. macrumors 6502

First charge

Of the three recent Apple notebooks I've purchased, every one of them had an extremely long first charge time. I think that's just the battery conditioning. Future charges should be the normal time.

6. Guest

agree

I left mine in the charger overnight. now trying to run the battery down to "0" :cool:

7. macrumors 6502a

so i drained my battery down to 0... and now first charge
    can i use it while it's doing it's first charge???

or should i just leave it and not touch or disconnect it from charging? or does it matter as long as i don't use battery power?

8. NAG
    macrumors 68030

NAG

Yeah, when ever you get a laptop always drain the sucker down and then charge it back up to full. I have to admit that this is taking longer than usual though. Just make sure it is charging/you can use it.

9. macrumors 6502a

ubercool

30% charged and two hours to go until full, so three hours to charge for about three hours of use. :cool: