1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Battery time with 10.6.3

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by nph, Apr 9, 2010.

1. nph
    macrumors 6502a

Did you notice any improved battery time from 10.6.3?
    I rolled back to Leopard after I noticed a difference in battery time, about 20-30 minutes.
    So I am curious if 10.6.3 improved it again since they seem to have optimized some drivers in it.

Thanks

2. macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I haven't noticed any improved battery life in 10.6.3. However, I have noticed much cooler operating temps and better video performance. Basically, OpenGL is running twice as well as it did before 10.6.3 on Snow Leopard. I am still getting about four hours with display turned down and Bluetooth off. Someone else mentioned possibly better battery life between charges, but I specifically checked it twice and noticed about the same battery as before 10.6.3. I didn't notice any difference between Leopard and Snow Leopard before 10.6.3 other than OpenGL being terrible in Snow Leopard. Snow Leopard premiered a 30%+ drop in OpenGL from Leopard to Snow Leopard 10.6, 10.6.1, and 10.6.2.

If anything, 10.6.3 is a huge step in the right direction, but I don't know that it means better battery... in any way.

3. macrumors 6502

nukiduz

How much time are you getting with, say, half brightness, wifi ON, some light web surfing and word processing?