Battery went from 45% to DEAD overnight!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maverick22, Feb 19, 2013.

1. maverick22, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

macrumors regular

My battery life has gotten worse over the past month. I have an iphone 5, have not updated software since I bought the phone (guess on 6.0) for the specific reason of hearing about worse battery life. I am a very basic user. I only have a handful of apps that were not on the phone originally (Twitter, Shazam, Google Maps, Chrome, McTube), and I hardly use those. I can't imagine what could be draining my battery lately.

I am pretty good about closing apps that I am not using in the bottom taskbar also. Right before I went to sleep last night, my battery had 45% left. Well, I woke up this morning, and the battery was dead. I was shocked.

I just did a reset (hold power and home buttons at same time and restarted phone) hoping that would help. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. macrumors 68020

6.1.2 update came out today. Update your phone.

3. macrumors 68020

How many bars do you have? If you have a weak signal, the phone will drain faster. It would either be that or a rogue app.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

I always have a good signal. They actually just put in a cell tower about a block away from my house. Wonder though if it's trying to switch too much between LTE and 4G for some reason. Think I noticed last night in one spot of my house it said 4G on my phone. When I got off that conversation I walked to the other end of my house and it said LTE. Or will it always say 4G when you're on a phone call?

5. macrumors 6502

I wake every morning to 100% full charge... I plug it in each night before bed.
    Problem solved.

All joking aside, I have noticed that from time to time my 4S will drain a LOT... from 70% to 30% within a few short hours on some days... and that is with very little use during the day. It'll just sit on my desk, while I work on a computer... wonder why this will randomly happen?

6. thread starter macrumors regular

I was getting excellent battery life my first few months with the phone. I could charge the phone over night, say for example Sunday night, and that would actually hold me all day Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. This past month that has been cut in half. I last only a day and a half off of a few phone calls and maybe about 30 texts a day. I don't use my phone for Internet since my job is on the computer all day. I may use it for Twitter once a night.

7. JAT
    macrumors 603

Yes. Or rather, it will never say LTE. It could say 3G or whatever happens for where you are.