1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

battery wont charcge when my mac is not in use

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Rasheem, Jul 8, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

I got a brand new ipod :) so far i love it except when my computer automatically goes to sleep after 15 minutes of not being used the iPod wont charge through the USB. Is there a way that i can set my computer to still charge my iPod even when it is in sleep/idle? setting my computer to not sleep is not an option considering it's a MacPro and it eats up power. I suppose i could always plug my iPod into my old iPods firewire wall charger though it's kind of an inconvenience. Any tips?

2. macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Well a neat trick I found is that I can use my Nintendo Wii to charge my iPod through USB. I'm sure you could also do it with the PS3, since it also has USB Ports, I don't have an Xbox 360 so I can't speak of that being able to charge it. You could just use a gaming console to charge the iPod and only use the Mac Pro when you have something to put on the iPod.

3. macrumors regular

USB doesn't do this. However, if you have an older ipod, ie. the 4generation, you can charge it with firewire, even if your mac is asleep. -____- Another reason why firewire owns USB. Shame Apple lost again.