General BatteryDoctorPro (its free) is a beautifully feature rich app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by EvanLugh, Feb 19, 2013.

1. EvanLugh, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Check it out. It's on the default repos.
    It allows you to enable certain features to be switched off, disabled, had multiple modes. Let the screenshots awe you :)

I only installed yesterday and I love it.
    I don't really need the toggles on the lock screen but meh.

- press 'search' in Cydia, it has Japanese(?) letters before it, and the description is the same, but is 100% English.

Edit: having problems uploading the rest of the screenshots. When I can ill put the rest up. Sorry!

Attached Files:

2. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

Can't find it on the default repos. Closest thing was Battery Control and that's iOS 3.x only.

3. macrumors member

battery doctor pro, you have to press the search button for it to come up. Part of the title is in a different language so it's not the easiest thing to find but it's a great app.

4. ya1950, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013

macrumors member

5. macrumors newbie

Can a moderator please fix the title of the post? OP in all his excitement apparently posted wrong title! ;)

6. macrumors 65816

kalirob99

What's different or special from an app like BatteryDetective? Is it like Battery Logger Plus and tells you when it's fully charged?

7. macrumors 65816

I downloaded BattSaver and it ended up keeping me on Edge, annoyed me so I got rid of it. Below is the video of the tweak.

http://youtu.be/fCwdDKRICqY

8. thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Certainly didnt. But was excited :D

I don't have many tweaks but this is just awesome.

Apologies - you need to press search (in its Japanese?) but installs fully Engrish ;)

Attached Files:

9. macrumors regular

joonyaboy

Yeah ya kinda did. It's BatteryDoctorPro

10. macrumors G3

eyoungren

OP, your thread title has this "BatteryControl Pro (Free)".
    Your screenshot says BatteryDoctorPro.

It may be a great app, but your doing it no favours if you can't even mention the correct name of the app you like (or are promoting).

11. macrumors 65816

You certainly did.

Regardless, BatteryDoctorPro deserves nothing more than a, 'Meh', certainly not awe inspiring.

12. macrumors 6502a

Who do app makers insist on using pro in the title? What about this app makes it professional?

13. macrumors 6502

14. macrumors 65816

Typically, app developers use the 'Pro' adjective to differentiate between the free version of the app and the paid version, which has more capability, e.g., browse (free) versus edit (paid).

How would you differentiate the free versus paid versions of an app you develop?

15. macrumors G3

eyoungren

Some devs use a "+" sign. Not saying that's the way it should be, but I interpret that much easier. I have an app from the iTunes app store called MyAlarmClock+. The free version is simply that name without the "+". Works for me.

Pro implies something different (professional tools), at least in my profession (Graphic Design). Adobe Acrobat Pro has more features than Adobe Acrobat Standard, as an example. But both are paid apps.

16. macrumors 6502a

"BatteryControl Pro (Free) is absolutely amazing" says the thread title.

Makes sense to me that the free version has "free" or "light" or "demo" and the paid version is just... the name.

There's nothing professional about an app that's been paid for.

17. macrumors 65816

I don't get 'religious' about what developers call their apps. It's their app, they can call it whatever they want.

18. macrumors 6502a

There is a BatteryDoctor in the App Store made by the same people. This one has WAY more features so the "Pro" is there to differentiate between the two.

19. macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Tough crowd!

I'd like to thank the op for pointing out this app. I've downloaded it and it means I can get rid of a few tweaks that this can do in one app (weekillbackground, sbsettings, sbCenterforNC, sb toggles set to name a few)

I like to keep my tweak count down, so if an app can do what other tweaks can do then all the better.

20. macrumors 68000

Interesting, very nice simplistic UI. I've replaced NCSettings with it too

21. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Ok I am not sure what i did, but i installed this, turned on the outdoors profile. I also used the button to kill all background programs.

I’m not sure if it happened right away or not (because I was away from phone for about an hour) but i lost my cell service completely. No bars could not make a phone call or even check voicemail.

Tried to change the settings within the program, but no luck. Uninstalled the program through cydia and still nothing. Cycled airplane setting off and on, cycled the Data and Wi/Fi setting off and on in SBSettings. Rebooted, re-sprung, went into safe mode (using SBSettings) all to no avail.

Finally went into the phones settings app and drilled down to the cellular settings and cycled them off and on and my connection came back.

22. thread starter macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

I apologise I have got the name wrong!

I will let the skeptics be, but I'm glad to find a few of you believe it's functionality and design is great.

I'm currently in hospital and have slept 4 1/4 hours in the past 12 days. Didn't mean to cause confusion!

23. macrumors newbie

Hmm this app is interesting. Not only a good battery app but has profiles for setting certain settings like data, wifi, airplane mode, preset brightness settings. Also has a lot more toggles than Auxo and NCSettings. Also has a kill background toggle built in. Can also but switcher in NC, which combined with Auxo is interesting and really redundant. I'm considering ditching Auxo and NC Settings in favor for this. Trying to consolidate the number of tweaks too.

24. macrumors 6502

OP Thank you

OP thank you for a nice heads up, looks to be a very useful app. ;)

I have it installed on one of our iPad 3, of course it is not full screen by default.

25. macrumors newbie

This crap messed up my phone's signal or something, after pressing an indoor profile I kept getting no service, and now even after uninstalling the app and doing multiple hard resets I still get no service. I even updated the PRL, wtf.