Battlefield 1942 - Mods and online play

Discussion in 'Games' started by Damien, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Damien macrumors regular

Can the mac version of battlefield 1942 play online with other PC users without any problems? What about mods, skins and add ons? do they work with the mac version?

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I play Desert Combat (Desertcombat.com) and it works fine. I presume it's just a case of installing it correctly.

3. CannonFodder macrumors member

Right now, the only Mod that pretty much works for everyone with PunkBuster is Desert Combat. The other mods will work if you try and connect to NON PunkBuster enabled servers (Mind you, NOT local games) and some may experience map issues even then (Forgotten Hope for instance)

I'm actually running a PB-Disabled server (with Forgotten Hope currently) and intend to rotate a bunch of mods on it over the weeks. It will be changing to Eve of Destruction this weekend.

Aspyr is working on the issue with EvenBalance currently.

If you'd like to get a better idea of what's working and what isn't, please visit http://www.macfpsgames.com or http://www.macologist.org

You can also download the majority of the mods from MacFPSGame.

4. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

Mac version of desert combat

Looks like all the files are .exe. Where is the mac version download at????????

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

The "official" downloads are often PC only (but mostly just because they’re compressed to an exe file). Follow the links given by CannonFodder (especially Macologist, sorry, but I don't know the other site yet). There you’ll find the decompressed files that can be used on a Mac.

6. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

7. CannonFodder macrumors member

Macologist's DL site is offline while they do some upgrades, no ETA on when it will be back up.

I run MacFPSGames, and yes, while you do have to register for the site to actually DL things, it's not a big convoluted process :)

A number of the mods were all repackaged by myself and Macologist, and are available on MacFPSGames on a nice fast line.