Battlefield 1942 mods available from Macologist for OS X

Discussion in 'Games' started by Santaduck, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

With Battlefield 1942 for OS X now shipping from Aspyr and due to hit store shelves July 2, Macologist has now put together a list of mods that they have converted for use in OS X. These include Desert Combat, Galactic Conquest, and Forgotten Hope.

They've also put together the Macologist BF1942 Mod Launchers Set. These are dedicated launcher applications so you can launch your mod directly from your desktop. Currently there are four launchers, for the above three mods, and Eve of Destruction as well.

More information and full download links are available at this thread. More updates are coming, so keep checking back. If your favorite mod is not listed, simply post a request for a conversion on their forums.

2. Klopsi69 macrumors member

slightly OT i know, but are games like B1942 cross platform on the internet? i.e. i play with pc players as well as mac owners?

3. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

I believe they are. The only online/lan game i know that is not is AOE because that is based on Directplay as opposed to TCP/IP based which I believe 1942 is

4. Klopsi69 macrumors member

Thanks mattmack!

5. AcetoneCM macrumors newbie

Will not dl

I can't get the files to download. When the download page comes up I click on the link and it tells me I don't have permission to download the file. I registered on the Macologist site and still no change :confused: .

6. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Does anyone know if there will be a demo. I wouldn't mind getting it for my PowerBook (even though I have the PC version) if I knew it would run well.

7. Santaduck thread starter macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

1. We are reconfiguring our FTP server, please continue trying.
    2. Yes, these games should work cross-platform in multiplayer, although there may be some punkbuster issues to resolve.

3. UPDATE: we've added Eve of Destruction and Desert Combat Extended 0.72.