Battlefield 1942 on the Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Selecter, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Selecter macrumors member

Dec 31, 2003
    West Virginia
    There are some rumors that BF1942 is going to be ported to the Mac now that BF: Vietnam is going to come out in the spring. Does anyone have any hard news regarding this?

This is the last thing keeping me from pitching my PC on ebay and becoming Mac only. Hope it's true. If it is, I'll buy the new Ati 9800 XT Pro Mac edition for the G5 and never look back again. :D
  2. Selecter thread starter macrumors member

Dec 31, 2003
    West Virginia
    I looked down the page and there was a dupe thread. Came back to delete this one but there's no delete button for authors of posts? WTF?

Can this be changed so authors can delete posts like this one before someone comments please? :eek:
  3. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
  4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Yes, there is no delete button for a reason. If the thread starter no longer agreed with what people were saying, he could delete the thread, and that serves no purpose. Also, a thread with hundreds of posts was accidentally deleted by its starter. That's when they decided to leave it to the mods.
  5. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    This site uses off-the-shelf forum software, and it might not be possible to allow deletion like that. I know that they can enable deletion regardless of replies, but they probably can't detect to see whether anyone's replied before deleting.
  6. monarch macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2004
    The Great Midwest

I just built a AMD rig to play this game and the desertcombat mod. I dont regret it for one moment. To tell you the truth i was a die hard mac user and fanatic gamer. Truth to be told, mac really dont cut it when it comes to gaming, I you disagree with me just try and challenge me.

Oh, to make a note of....the Radeon9800xt is not coming to the mac it is the 9800SE. For those of you who say whats the difference I simply reply core and memory clock speeds.
  7. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    BF1942 = Chances are nearly nil.

The original developers are very secretive about their source code.