Battlefield 2 - 360

Discussion in 'Games' started by Malcster, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Malcster macrumors 6502

I notice the live demo went up last night (uk time) i downloaded it but never got the chance to fire it up, anyone manage to try it? Impressions?

Seriously looking foward to the 360 version of this so hope its not got any multiplayer problems like CoD2!

2. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

It's okay.... Most people are still running around asking what to do as they shoot their team and camp by the chopper spawn. That, or they ask how to drop a friggin artillery strike. Other than blowing up a hummer that was headed straight for me and watching it flip over me and land on one of my teammates, my reaction so far is "meh."

3. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I hate it. Yeah it looks pretty and run smoothly, but it isn't worthy of the 'Battlefield 2' title. I am a bit of a fan of the PC BF2 game and this game isn't anything like it. I understood when they created a cut-down rehash for the Xbox and PS2 due to the limited capability, but the 360 clearly deserved something much much closer to the PC's Battlefield 2.

I was really hoping BF2:MC on the 360 would be a worthy replacement for my PC copy of BF2 (as its the last PC game I still play and was looking to ditch the PC Platform completely) but I think I'll be keeping my £50 to spend on another game.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I am seriously dissapointed by this demo. EA have been gods when it comes to antialiasing on the 360. Yet the demo has none and looks really ropey? What's going on?

Very poor textures, well very poor everything all round. Compared to GRAW this just dissapears into nothingness, no wonder they held back the release a couple of weeks. There's no way in hell this can compete...

UTTER EA CRAP!!!

5. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I found it fun, yet frustrating, and ultimately a disappointment. I haven't played Battlefield on the Xbox but from what I've read this B2 is just a straight port with better textures.

On the plus side, it played smooth and looked pretty good. Unfortunately the demo map stinks and the control scheme BLOWS.

It's not a bad game per se, it's just not $60 good, IMO. I have to say I'm loving 360 demos, though! :D