Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (Xbox)... how is it?

Discussion in 'Games' started by p0intblank, Aug 25, 2006.

1. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    I need a new multiplayer game for the Xbox to keep me busy and am wondering if BF2: MC is any good. I skimmed over IGN's review and it seems to be better than decent. How is the Xbox Live play?

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Jun 29, 2006
    Well, I have the X360 version, so there might be some differences (I doubt it) but anyways… it's a lot of fun. Quite a few maps, there's vehicles, and the five classes all are pretty satisfying in terms of firepower. HOWEVER: if you want to get the most out of online gaming, play with a team that works together, and you'll pwn the opposing team if they don't work together. I joined a unit that plays together almost nightly and we beat the #13 clan in the world recently.
  3. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    I have the 360 version also, some people love it, to me its a bit too chaotic online, I prefer slower paced tactical - like GRAW.
  4. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2004
    Agreed, a good team makes the game enjoyable. However, rarely do people pick more than 3 different maps. There are at least 20, and they always vote for the same 3-4. It gets kind of annoying.
  5. thechris69 macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2005
    single player is absolute crap... buy it for multiplayer not single player
  6. :DRS:Church macrumors newbie

Apr 6, 2006
    there is no way its better than the PC version.
  7. p0intblank thread starter macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    I'm going to pick it up tonight then. The multiplayer sounds like fun and I love playing together as a team. Thanks for convincing me!