Battlefield 2 on Macbook? 1.8/2gig ram

Discussion in 'Games' started by evangelion-01, Jul 6, 2006.

1. evangelion-01 macrumors regular

I've looked around and i saw a few posts stating that bf2 can run on a macbook, but when after i install all the updates the screen goes black and then it goes back to the desktop... any help playing this?

2. evangelion-01 thread starter macrumors regular

i just tryed many things and it doesnt work... oh well.

3. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

I don't know if it's the same thing, but this happened to me with Warcraft III and when I deleted all the files that I got with the divx codec for quicktime it started working again... I was then able to install divx again and it still works, so I don't know what the problem was really...

4. farqueue macrumors 6502

farqueue

yes it work on windoese buttcamp
    i have 1.83/2gb

5. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Same thing happened to me evangelion-01 which puzzled me too as I've read of others on here playing it. I'm not sure moving a DivX plugin from the OSX partition will enable a game on the Bootcamp partition to run though :confused:

For me, I get the BF2 splash screen, then it flickers like it's trying to change resolution and then goes to the desktop.

6. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

Battlefield 2 dectects the integrated card and shuts itself down. It has nothing to do with the computer or windows in general. It is all hardware. I tried in on my PC once before I got a new card and it would do the blackscreen thing. I then upgraded and it could get in and play. Simple answer:

Battlefield 2 will never run on the MacBook unless they release a dedicated graphics card.

7. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You should take that post & thread with a grain of salt. Integrated graphics were the cheapist you can get until Apple started using the garbage then the Fan Boys started singing the false praise of the integrated graphics. They are what they are.......................... Cheap!