Battlefield 2142 crash woes (bootcamp)

Discussion in 'Games' started by notninja, Oct 29, 2006.

1. notninja macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2006
    i installed battfield 2142 on my MBP 1.83 core duo 1.5 gigram 128 x1600
    after the intro movie for a second i could see the menu and it would crash to the windows desktop. anyone have that similar problem or if anyone has a fix thanks.
  2. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2005
    The problem is certainly your software configuration. Is the default resolution suitable for your monitor?

Also, is this an illegal copy?
  3. notninja thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 29, 2006

its the real copy i bout 49.99 from gamestop so im good there.i havent figured out whats wrong yet. i have it on 1440x900 and tried all resolutions i could
  4. charlestrippy macrumors 6502

May 29, 2006
    Tampa, Florida
    I had similar issues on my PC...
    I just downloaded and upgraded the latest directx from - I upgraded my video drivers and it worked after that..
  5. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Feb 10, 2006
    It works for me- although for a while I had a problem where I would launch it and then get a black screen and the game would never load. The way to solve that was to go to the BF folder and trash the graphics settings folder. You can delete the intro movie files and see if that helps...
  6. :DRS:Church macrumors newbie

Apr 6, 2006
    i think

I dont have 2142,, but bf2 does not support widescreen. That may be your problem. You may have to edit the shortcut on your desktop. Thats what I had to do for bf2. BTW, you should never have bought this game. EA/DICE support for the community is crap. BF2 is the last BF game that I wil ever buy. My clan is itching for something better to come along so we can ditch EA and their ranked servers. Hope ya get it running.