OS X Battlefield games for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Darundal, May 7, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

So I just got a RMBP and I want to get some Battlefield games. Please post what Battlefield games there are.

2. macrumors 6502

SingularityG

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh sorry I forgot to mention only Mac games because I don't have BootCamp.

4. macrumors 68000

Did you actually read the chart in the link SingularityG posted?

5. macrumors 65816

Dirtyharry50

I did. What is listed there that would run on an Intel based Mac such as this guy's Retina Macbook Pro which I imagine is running 10.8.x ?

6. macrumors 65816

marzer

Battlefield 2142 will run natively under OS X. My son still plays that game regularly. Otherwise, any of the Windows games will play on a Mac with Windows installed using Bootcamp.

7. macrumors 6502a

that list made me sad. im a big fan of the series and have played 1942 - BF3. it's disappointing to see that after 2142 there's nothing for mac (and no, i will not install windows thank you very much)

8. macrumors 68000

Your loss then. As long as you're aware of the hardware's limitations, you can have a pretty satisfying Windows gaming experience on a Mac.

9. macrumors 6502a

yeah, i am aware of that :)
    but i just don't like switching between OS's. i used to do it when i worked with linux and i hated it :eek:

10. macrumors 68020

Kissaragi

Hopefully bf4 will come out on the mac, I think the chances are pretty good.

11. macrumors 6502a

I guess that's the plan, but given the state of openGL on the Mac, I'm not too optimistic about BF4 looking as good and running as well on OS X. Plus, the job position at DICE is apparently still open, so work on the OS X port may not even have started. OS X openGL engineers are pretty rare I suppose, and not all may want to move to Sweden. You would have to find the right one looking for a job.

12. macrumors 68020

Kissaragi

Ye, id be very surprised if it ran as well on osx as windows. Hopefully it will run well enough tho.