bay sports

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Sep 26, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

hi,

it's the hatman...orginator of double posts, long essays, and sports analogies on macrumors...a wonder that blakespot didn't kick me off in the first season...he he

but though it's early to tell, will the As and the Giants meet in the world series again?...last time was in '89, year of the huge earthquake...the As took it 4-zip

and this is really speculative, but does anybody think the Raiders and the 49ers will ever meet in the superbowl? how about this season with the likes of jerry rice, jeff garcia, rich gannon, tim brown, etc...on those teams?

2. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

nope they will never meet in the suprbowl.

49ers will be bought out. nah!

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

in the 70s, raiders ruled, though 49ers had some hopes

in the 80s, niners ruled, but raiders did fine in early part of that decade when the niners didn't do well outside of '81

in the 90s, both teams had some bright moments but at different times

but now, as well as last season, both teams have an outside chance in the same season to do some really good stuff if no one gets hurt...thus the speculation for a bay superbowl

in another year or two, age will catch up and we will have to wait at least another 20 years for the two teams to align themselves to sure playoff hopefuls in same season who could meet in the big one

i am sure bufallo bills and new york giants got the locals heated up when that happened...best superbowl ever for the history books...that field goal miss was a heart stopper

4. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

you are forgetting the cowboys man. they ruled a few decades. oilers sucked when the cowboys ruled. thats pretty much all the time i guess!! heh.

now its the cowboys and texans.

5. diorio macrumors 6502a

After the baseball players threatened to strike, I kind of tuned out of baseball. I doubt that the the Raiders and San Francsico will meet in a superbowl, because they never seem to be good on the same years, but it could happen. It would kind of be like when the Yankees played the Mets, except the teams are a little farther apart.

6. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

bay sports! hmmm.... is football really as big there as it is in texas?

7. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

raiders 4 superbowls, 3 rings
    niners 5 superbowls, 5 rings

8. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

yea yeah i know that bro... but im talking about in general.... like highschool and college too. a lot of citys over here pride them selves on thier teams. like in the city where i live ... everything is about the college football team.

9. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

atascadero high school in central california owned the nation's best high school record

college football is big with stanford, usc, ucla, cal, san jose state, san diego state, etc

on the high school level, i would say "titans" movie said it all

for college football, i see the midwest with oklahoma, michigan, wisconsin, notre dame, nebraska, etc... as the biggest legacy in the nation

i would put the south second with miami, texas, texas a@m, georgia, alabama, duke, and many others as the next biggest region for football

east has big names like georgetown, penn state, maryland, etc too

just my 2 cents