Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fisticuffs2065

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
i dont know if to to the galleria one or this but if i go ima be there like as soon as the store opens so i can be one of the first in line

yeah I was thinking about going around 12pm-ish just to scout. If it isn't too bad, ill just miander around and what not, keeping my eyes on the apple store :cool:

toxictrix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
Texas
I'm either going there or the Baybrook Best Buy. iPhone 4 launch at Baybrook was stupid and I never want to go through that again.

Fisticuffs2065

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I'm either going there or the Baybrook Best Buy. iPhone 4 launch at Baybrook was stupid and I never want to go through that again.

Ahh. I attended the iPhone 4 launch at First Colony mall in Sugarland. Wasn't TOO bad.

Is Baybrook Mall popular? Reason I ask is that I have never been there... but that is my only choice because I have to be at Ellington Field by 6PM and the drive from Sugarland to Ellington Field would be cutting it close :(

rodolfo52

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2011
yeah I was thinking about going around 12pm-ish just to scout. If it isn't too bad, ill just miander around and what not, keeping my eyes on the apple store :cool:

yeah thats what i will do, i will get to the mall like at 930am and waiting for it to open then hopefully be one of the first to be in line :)

toxictrix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2009
Texas
Ahh. I attended the iPhone 4 launch at First Colony mall in Sugarland. Wasn't TOO bad.

Is Baybrook Mall popular? Reason I ask is that I have never been there... but that is my only choice because I have to be at Ellington Field by 6PM and the drive from Sugarland to Ellington Field would be cutting it close :(

It was ridiculous for the iPhone launch. No lines, just a giant cluster**** a lot of near fights as well.

rondog76

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
yeah thats what i will do, i will get to the mall like at 930am and waiting for it to open then hopefully be one of the first to be in line :)

Cool, I wasn't going to go that early because I didn't want to look like a tool with being the only person in line soooooo early, but if there is another tool like me who is willing to go up there that early, then I won't be the only one. If you need a line partner, I'm down. Just so we can hold each other's places while for bathroom and food breaks or quick naps in the car. But with my luck there will be like a thousand people there before I get in line.

Fisticuffs2065

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Cool, I wasn't going to go that early because I didn't want to look like a tool with being the only person in line soooooo early, but if there is another tool like me who is willing to go up there that early, then I won't be the only one. If you need a line partner, I'm down. Just so we can hold each other's places while for bathroom and food breaks or quick naps in the car. But with my luck there will be like a thousand people there before I get in line.

I have no knowledge of Baybrook mall, but I am sure that there will only be a handful of people that early. I was in the same exact mind-set as you, didn't wanna be the ONLY one standing that early haha! But if yall are going that early, then I too will! :D

Also, do you think if we are one of the first few people in line we will be out of there by 530 (Since from what I have been reading, the iPad lines move so much quicker than the iPhone lines)? I have to be at Ellington Field by 6PM :X

rodolfo52

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2011

Well since I'm in high school, we don't have school on Friday, I was bonito go with my sister. But i do want to be one of the first persons in the line.... I don't mind waiting. Im 15 this will be my firstlaunch that I will wait in a line.. I'm excited. I only have my permit, so ima let my sister drive.

rodolfo52

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2011
I have no knowledge of Baybrook mall, but I am sure that there will only be a handful of people that early. I was in the same exact mind-set as you, didn't wanna be the ONLY one standing that early haha! But if yall are going that early, then I too will! :D

Also, do you think if we are one of the first few people in line we will be out of there by 530 (Since from what I have been reading, the iPad lines move so much quicker than the iPhone lines)? I have to be at Ellington Field by 6PM :X

I won't be going to baybrook, I will be at the galleria, and yes ipad lines do. move faster since they don't require activation.

Fisticuffs2065

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I won't be going to baybrook, I will be at the galleria, and yes ipad lines do. move faster since they don't require activation.

Ahh okay! Good luck at the Galleria!

One more day left. Can't wait. :D

If anybody else is going to Baybrook mall pretty early, let me know! Always good to have a few friends in line to pass the time.

applebilly

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2011
I was thinking about 12:30. Do you think that the line would be too long if I get there at 12:30?

ChiliBlue

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
Houston, TX
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok, as of 9:30 there are about 15-20 people in line. However, the store hasn't received their shipment yet.

:(

Update: Around 11:15 we were told the shipment had arrived but no 3Gs were available. They were limited on the wifi's even. I think by noon all the shipment had been spoken for and they were directing people to order online or other stores. Target was mentioned a lot as a place to check.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.