BB Gun vs. LCD monitor / Windows Target Practice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Xander562, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I came across this cool video this morning. It's really cool to see how the LCD screen reacts to that much force.

Linky!

I especially like how he aims for the Windows XP logo. :p

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Jeebus, that is a fancy-looking BB gun...I've played with those a bit, for the money they cost you could buy a real semi-auto pistol of decent quality.

Maybe if my Dell 2005FPW ever malfunctions I'll make a video of how it fares against the 7.62x54R....should be messy. :D

Shooting the XP logo makes for a fun game...of course you can only do it once!

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah I saw that video on www.Break.com pretty cool. That moniter sure can take a beating

4. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

He is an awful shot. He cant be shooting from further than around 7m and only hit it once!!

It does look quite cool. Has anyone done it to a plasma TV or a CRT Tv to see how they do??

5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Actually, I'd say more like 2.5-3m max...I had $20 airsoft pistol that shot as accurately as that. Most air pistols on the market are not known for great feats of accuracy. The blowback ones I've seen don't have any kind of balance either.

6. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I suppose that is true. They arent built for accuracy but to look good and be a bit of fun. That handgun is quite powerful though. And yes, i said 7m max because he could be in a huge room but i expected much less than that

7. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

A Plasma TV would just shatter under the impact of the shots, they're much less robust than LCDs. A CRT would either just go all limp (the tube would suddenly shrink so it doesn't fill the monitor any more), or it would implode and explode so quickly you wouldn't know what had hit you (not recommended, can be incredibly dangerous!).