BBC Radio Five Live do the iPod!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by pinks, Jul 12, 2005.

1. pinks macrumors regular

Tuesday 12th July, 2005. 1440hrs

Radio Five Live are currently doing a really interesting report on the impact of the iPod. There's a guest speaking (a self-confessed iBore and author a new book "iPod therefore I am"), who clearly loves his iPod, and they're playing his iPod directly over the radio - sounds really, really good!!

Quite a piece of free advertising for Apple on the BBC. I guess the justification is the social/cultural impact of the iPod, which has - in some senses - become more than a consumer product and is now a cultural phenomenon.

There may be a "Listen again" option on the Five Live website later this afternoon.

Edit: There's also a interesting "Listen Again" link to a feature on Podcasting from the above page.

2. pinks thread starter macrumors regular

For anyone interested, here's the link.

Scroll to about 1:33:45.

3. mackster17 macrumors newbie

Good find, but how can that guy write a book about the iPod when he can't fast forward on it? :confused:

4. pinks thread starter macrumors regular

I was quite surprised by that too - after all, it's not that difficult :confused: Still, an interesting segment none-the-less.

The Podcasting report, mentioned above, (which, again, gives Apple a considerable level of coverage) can be found here.

Al

Edit: wrong link. :eek: