BBC's Bonekickers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CortexRock, Jul 8, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

Given the interest in the BBC's Steven Moffat taking over Doctor Who in 2010, I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about his new show - Bonekickers.

^^ This is wrong... thanks to BoyBach for the correction. Not sure where I got this idea from really :D

I missed the airing of the first episode, but only half an hour after transmission the good ol' Beeb have it up on iPlayer, so I'm watching now... :D

2. macrumors 68040

BoyBach

Despite the splendid line "Google with a beer gut" you cannot make 'Time Team' tense, exciting or sexy - although Gugu Mbatha-Raw is a rather attractive young lady!

I thought it was preposterous fluff.

Having said that, I'll probably watch the next episode when it's on the iPlayer! :D

(Oh yeah, it's from Matthew Graham and Ashley Pharoah, the creators of 'Life on Mars' & 'Ashes To Ashes', not Steven Moffat.)

3. macrumors Core

I've heard nothing but bad things about this...

4. macrumors 68040

BoyBach

The reviews I read were very generous!

5. macrumors Core

The people I know who watched it weren't. :)

6. macrumors 68040

BoyBach

You know when something is so bad it becomes good? :eek:

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought it was light, frothy, entertaining TV trying to be something deeper and darker. The awkward juxtaposition of the relationship between the historical East and West was obviously an attempt to comment on today's political climate.

Given that it's from the Life on Mars crew (thanks for the correction!) I'll give it a couple more weeks before I make a decision.

8. macrumors Core

Dagless

Not sure why but I'm slightly put off this show. Think it's the naff adverts and ridiculous name. But it sounds like my daft reasons have been justified by the critics.

Hoping that Merlin smells of roses. Damn you BBC and your dry summers.