BBC's Face's of the week: Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by cheekyspanky, Jun 19, 2004.

1. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

Jan 21, 2004
    South Bucks, UK

Hi, thought some of you would like a look at this, a summary of his life and times at Apple.

"Though he can be charming and engaging, his foul-mouthed temper has been likened to a blast furnace" an interesting quote!
  2. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2004
    Florida Resident
    "Jobs might have made Time's Man of the Year too, were it not for his rather messy personal life, including a daughter born out of marriage, and affairs with singer Joan Baez and artist Maya Lin."

I wasn't familiar with those two women so I did a quick google search for their webpages. I am surprised of Steve. I would have thought he would have had affairs with better looking women with all that money in the bank. Also I would expect him to be very picky based on what I have read about the history of Apple. Sorry if I offending any women out there, but usually rich guys get or can have some of the finest looking women. Plus women like jerk / power like guys like Steve in general.
  3. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

Jan 8, 2003
    San Francisco, California
    I didn't know who they were either. Seemed sort of strange to me that his personal life would have anything to to with being Time's Man of the Year, but I guess that take that stuff into account. Interesting story though. I love how they always include the romanticized (is that a word?) story of building the computer in his garage as how the company began.