BBC's Face's of the week: Steve Jobs

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by cheekyspanky, Jun 19, 2004.

1. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3816707.stm

Hi, thought some of you would like a look at this, a summary of his life and times at Apple.

"Though he can be charming and engaging, his foul-mouthed temper has been likened to a blast furnace" an interesting quote!

2. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

"Jobs might have made Time's Man of the Year too, were it not for his rather messy personal life, including a daughter born out of marriage, and affairs with singer Joan Baez and artist Maya Lin."

I wasn't familiar with those two women so I did a quick google search for their webpages. I am surprised of Steve. I would have thought he would have had affairs with better looking women with all that money in the bank. Also I would expect him to be very picky based on what I have read about the history of Apple. Sorry if I offending any women out there, but usually rich guys get or can have some of the finest looking women. Plus women like jerk / power like guys like Steve in general.

3. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I didn't know who they were either. Seemed sort of strange to me that his personal life would have anything to to with being Time's Man of the Year, but I guess that take that stuff into account. Interesting story though. I love how they always include the romanticized (is that a word?) story of building the computer in his garage as how the company began.