Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nsheikh80

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
London, England
If you open the window to write an email and click on "Addresses" from the toolbar pane a small window pops up with your address book. To add a name to the email you just simply double click a name. And in the top left hand corner you will see 2 buttons lablled "To:" and "CC:". Does anyone know you can get a "BCC:" button here too?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Tiger or Panther...?

In Tiger: Use the drop down menu on the right side of the headers of a new message to add Bcc directly (or via the customization).

In Tiger and Panther (from memory): Open a new message and pick Bcc Address Field from the View menu.

nsheikh80

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2005
London, England
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
Tiger or Panther...?

In Tiger: Use the drop down menu on the right side of the headers of a new message to add Bcc directly (or via the customization).

In Tiger and Panther (from memory): Open a new message and pick Bcc Address Field from the View menu.

Thanks for your response I meant to say I'm using Tiger.

It seem as though you may have got the wrong end of the stick. I'm actually trying to get a BCC field in the Address Book that pops up in Mail and not the BCC header in the actual compose window.

Thanks.

andysmith

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2004
West Mids, UK
nsheikh80 said:
Thanks for your response I meant to say I'm using Tiger.

It seem as though you may have got the wrong end of the stick. I'm actually trying to get a BCC field in the Address Book that pops up in Mail and not the BCC header in the actual compose window.

Thanks.
I don't think you can do that - but you could just drag the contact into the BCC field.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
nsheikh80 said:
Aah... I see, sorry about that... :eek:

I never use the Address button, just start typing the name(s) and let Mail and Address Book together auto complete them for me... I don't think you can add a Bcc button, there, either, so andysmith's suggestion of just dragging and dropping them is probably your best bet.

(Unless you make a couple of groups in your Address Book and just start typing the name(s) of whatever group(s) you want to Bcc the message to, in stead of picking lots of addresses each time.)

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
I never use the Address button, just start typing the name(s) and let Mail and Address Book together auto complete them for me... (Unless you make a couple of groups in your Address Book and just start typing the name(s) of whatever group(s) you want to Bcc the message to, in stead of picking lots of addresses each time.)

Ditto here for me!
I use the BCC field quite a bit - and have found that the integration between Mail and Address Book works well! I just start typing whichever name / group I want to send the email too - and it will auto-complete for me.

handy thing is here - if you are using Group distribution - when you hit ENTER to accept the group - it then individually places all members of that group into the respective field (either To, CC, or BCC). This means for example that when I fwd a joke along (I have a Jokes group) I can easily delete the person that sent me the joke if they are in the list. This is a pet hate of many - that as they send out a joke - they then get it back from a number of people they send it to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.