Be wary of Sticker boy .NET

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ZipZap, Jan 23, 2012.

1. macrumors 601

Dec 14, 2007
    Its my own fault. I should have realized that they were leading me on with promised of a corrected MBA skin.

Instead, I let too much time pass and now I can't take any action through Paypal.

I ordered the wood tone skin from them and put it on my 2010 MBA. I perfectly aligned the skin to the Apple logo, but the skin was then off on 2 sides. I tried to compensate but either the edges or the apple logo were going to be off.

I alerted sticker boy .NET immediately, and thus started the journey to nothing. At first they seemed like they wanted to help. They asked for pictures which I sent showing a perfectly aligned apple logo and 2 edges that were off.

They sent me an invoice link to purchase a new skin and agreed that once I took off the old one and sent it back I would get a refund. Problem was they sent it in the wrong amount in the invoice. I requested a new invoice and they promised to do so.

A couple of weeks went by with me reminding them. I finally got a response saying it had been escalated to someone else. Again more waiting.

Then this Octivv guy says that I must admit to installing it improperly before they would talk to me further. I argue but eventually agree as I wanted a properly cut replacement. More time passes then he tells me his enginners are working on new installation instructions for me that will ensure I do it right.

Ok, I guess that will help though I never thought I misinstalled it and my pictures proved I did not. More time passes. Nothing, no responses, nothing.

Then a promise it will b ready by X-Mas....and that passes. I get sidetracked at work and forget. In the end, by the time I get back to this its too late to dispute.

I can see no reason why they would have treated me so badly, other than they knew I was right and the skin was miscut. They could have sent a replacement, but I bet they are all miscut. They could have been honest and offered a refund. Nope.

So word of caution to all. If you get a bad skin, give them 3 days to make it right or return it. When you return also dispute the paypal payment.
  2. macrumors 68030

Jun 19, 2010
    Ft Lauderdale
    Bought MBA tops and bottoms from these guys, nothing but good service. They forgot to send me a cf apple logo for one skin, called them and they sent me 4 in diff colors....
  3. macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2013