Beach deaths in Palestine caused by Hamas

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Dont Hurt Me, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thought this would be interesting, Unlike the Palestinians who lob rockets hoping to kill anyone, or the suicide bombers again who target anyone near, the Israelis go after military targets not civilians. Turns out Hamas planted these mines then covered it up and tries to blame Israel. So this little girls family was killed by mines planted by Hamas!http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/13/mideast.probe/index.html

2. iGary Guest

iGary

When are you going to realize that Israel is really no better - this report is from the ISRAELI MIILITARY,

Oh wait, they're not Muslim. :rolleyes:

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Like I said you dont see the Israelis walking into shops blowing up innocents, you do see the palestinians doing that along with the rockets attacks. One is a terrorist action, the other is a measured military response focused at the attackers, not just whoever. Thats the difference.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

You obviously do not know much about Zionists.

5. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Just read this myself. It will now be a he said she said issue. I will probably side with the Israel story as opposed to the Hamas story judging from their pasts. But it certainly is not out of the question that the Hamas story could be true. I really hope Isreal is not responsible cause this would change allot of peoples perception of them. This seems to be exactly the kind of thing Hamas would pull to give them reason for more suicide killings.:confused:

What do you mean by this iGary?

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Hamas have plenty of legitimate reasons to attack Israel.

7. iGary Guest

iGary

Meaning that when the Zionists came to "take back the holy land," the utilized terrorist acts just as bad or worse (think King David Hotel) in the past, and heck, even in the recent past, Israel has been know to hardly flinch at destroying settlers homes, dropping bombs on civilian areas...I'm not saying Israel is bad as the suicide bombers, but I am saying they share blame in the whole mess, and can't blame Hamas for being PO'd.

8. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I understand this, but we are talking about this event in particular. Who to believe?

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'm reserving judgment until more facts are in. You'd have thought landmines would have been cleared from a public beach, and there's one Israeli shell not accounted for. Firing artillery into a residential area in peacetime is a bit strong, though, isn't it?

10. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

From what I understand Hamas is throwing rockets into Israel, Israel goes after the rockets sending commandos to this beach. After leaving Hamas mines the beach hoping to get them next time only they dont tell anyone? Hey its a sunny day lets go to the beach and the rest is history.

Israel became a nation in 48, thats over 50 yrs ago, how far back into time do we want to go in deciding who is right and wrong?

11. iGary Guest

iGary

No need to go back that far - Israel was sending missles into civilian areas as little as a year ago.

12. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Again you miss the fact that these were counter attacks aimed at Hamas's rocket throwers not just sending a missile anywhere it may fall. There is a big difference. Ill say it again, one is going after military and terrorist targets in response, the other is just killing anyone it can. Do you grasp that?

13. iGary Guest

iGary

Again you missed the part where I said they were lobbing bombs into civilian areas, not military targets.

OK, can you even begin to see that Israel is not always the innocent little victim? If you can't, it's not even worth discussing further.

14. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If Hamas launches attacks from a civilian neighborhood does that mean Israel isnt allowed to respond?

15. iGary Guest

iGary

Not with a 500-pound bomb that wipes out half the neighborhood, no.

I have no love loss for people that strap on packs of C4 and take bus rides, but I have no love loss for Israel, either.

16. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

We almost agree there, I feel the same only stronger against those murdering anyone they can.

17. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

From what I read 5 shells are accounted for and the other shell was fired well before this incident happened.

18. iGary Guest

iGary

Good enough for me. :)

19. iGary Guest

iGary

By IBRAHIM BARZAK
    The Associated Press
    Tuesday, June 13, 2006; 8:29 AM

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) -- An Israeli airstrike targeting a key figure in Palestinian rocket attacks killed 10 people Tuesday, including the militant, two children and three medical workers who rushed to the scene of an initial blast.

With our money and weapons, mind.

20. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

"The whole mess"?. How do they share the blame, because "the whole mess" really began in 1948 when the Jews and the Arabs were each offered their own state. Let me say that again...they were both offered their own state. The Jews accepted, the Arabs rejected this in favour of war. They hoped they could have it all. This is really the beginning of "the whole mess" and I wonder if you'd be kind enough to explain how Israel must share in the blame of the Arabs rejecting their own state in favour of war.

21. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

Civillian areas is where the Palestinian millitants like to hide. It serves their purposes when their civillians are killed. Witness the strike yesterday when a truckoad full of Katyushka rockets was hit. Some civillians were killed in the ensuing stike. Now what are civillians doing anywhere near such a highly volatile and legitimate military target?

The problem iGary, is that there will be peace when the Palestinians love their own children more than they hate the Israelis.

22. iGary Guest

iGary

For your reading pleasure...

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Why were the Jews offered Arab land in the first place? Why should the Arabs have accepted this deal?