Beachball screwed my GUI!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by shadowfax0, Oct 11, 2002.

1. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

May 2, 2002
    I downloaded the program Beachball, to change your wait cursor. Anyhow, the installation 'failed' for whatever reason, but it (luckily) backed up my CoreGraphics. Anyhow, as soon as that failed, I didn't really pay much attention to it until Iclicked on one of my hard drives and noticed that there WASNT ANYHTING IN IT ANYMORE. I panicked, but lo and behold, Get Infol said the drive was still half full. Anyhow, I quickly replaced CoreGraphics, and then the icon disappeared! I then restarted and ran Disk Utility form the Jag. boot disk, and it said the drive was OK. So I restarted and it was back to normal: phew. Anyhow I thought everything was OK until I just tried to remove something from my Dock, it wouldn't let me. Then this happened (this has been happening in all windows, including 'save' or 'open' dialog boxes):

Attached Files:

2. evildead macrumors 65816

Jun 18, 2001
    WestCost, USA

thats really strange... I just ran Beachball my self... and it worked great. I have only read good reviews of the app.

I hope you find a cure.. that sounds bizar.

3. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

May 2, 2002
    I restarted and it's OK for now, but Im going to keep my eye on it...
  4. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

Dec 9, 2001
    State of Denial
    turn on crash reporting in the Console in Applications>Utilities, and (if you want) recreate the problem. I'll bet 'coreservicesd' crashed. It seems to happen quite a bit when certain things (disk images, system mods) aren't perfectly coded. It has the same symptoms and is essentially a kernal panic w/out a crash.