Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
What's really sad is people thinking this is a good idea because it will make Apple popular with urban youth.

If this turns out to be true all I can say is Jony please retire while you still have some integrity left (and before the ship sinks).

brewcitywi

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Acquisition

I'm not saying that this is a "good" or "bad" acquisition, but people keep pressuring Apple to buy companies more often, then complain when they actually do it.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010

Attachments

• a436e56b6ff177f04bddbd31064f2ed8.500x334x1.jpg
    a436e56b6ff177f04bddbd31064f2ed8.500x334x1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 624

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Seriously... If apple turns this into a beats by apple **** or something and put that stupid b all over my macs and phones, I'm out. I shall then praise the google overlords :/

Soon there will be white Beats headphones with the Apple logo made from milled aluminum with very thin ear cups. :D

jhsd9821nbdfpp1

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2014
What's really sad is people thinking this is a good idea because it will make Apple popular with urban youth.

If this turns out to be true all I can say is Jony please retire while you still have some integrity left (and before the ship sinks).

I would have thought a person of such high integrity as yourself would have abstained from making comments with such silly people; I've read your post history, you're highly intelligent and don't post frivolously.

I summarise that your account may have been hacked :)

Above The Gods

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2014
New York
Tim Cook is the CEO of Apple; a multi-billion dollar high tech leader - not a title that comes from being a shallow idiot, whereas we're just speculating rumour fanatics on some web forum - I don't think the debate of what Mr Cook is thinking is at all important - deriding someone based on rumours is dismissive, short-sighted and laughably irrelevant.

We underestimate someone we've never met, and the thoughts of whom you could never ascertain? Wow, that's pretty arrogant.

Steve Case and Gerald Levin were the CEOs of AOL and Time Warner, respectively, when they merged back in 2000, despite the many criticisms. Both the largest companies in their respected industry, yet it turned out to be the worst merger in history.

TC03

macrumors 65816
Aug 17, 2008
I'm not saying that this is a "good" or "bad" acquisition, but people keep pressuring Apple to buy companies more often, then complain when they actually do it.
This isn't kindergarten where you can experiment to 'try' please the shareholders. You get no points for trying. Apple is the most valueable company in the world. Every strategic choice that is less than excellent is not acceptable.

jhsd9821nbdfpp1

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2014
Is there a person here who thinks they can't run apple better than Tim Cook?

Me.

How could I say that I could possibly have his VAST experience with supply chain logistics, experience @ Compaq then Apple, etc?

Armchair CEOs - take your pick, but I am not one, I respect Tim a lot, and don't bow to peer pressure - he's a great CEO and God bless him :)

Macrumors needs a membership policy... oh hang on - it has one - to be a naive member of the public with a huge ego and a will to validate themselves to strangers over irrelevant fluff.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
As a Dre fan (but not a Beats fan), I think how far he has come from where he came is truly inspirational.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Because that's how the deals are set up. The post you made before your last was moot being that you thought Apple could actually acquire the rights to the licenses.

Each deal is negotiated differently. How can I tell the rights are included? Because Apple is paying $3.2 billion for them. Apple would not buy a headphone company for that price, or even a streaming technology. It would never happen.

aylk

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2010
Lol you have no way of knowing this. Based on the amount of money that will change hands, I'll bet the rights are transferable.

True. Maybe transferrable in the US, but definitely useless for a worldwide license, which means that Apple would still have to negotiate rights to be able to launch worldwide, so then what's the point?

Mycoolroy

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2013
Anything apple has going for it is because of the great workers there and they deserve a better leader than Cook.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
This is an obvious buy. Competing successful music service. Beats has only grown since inception. It has the market on headphones, and turned premium headphones into a music subscription, with the potential for who knows what else.
Those that are acting like they are stupid on this basic concept probably would have no problem if this was someone from the Beetles.

Smh

JobsGang

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2013

It would be hilarious if it was Jony Ive's idea.

What has beats done to have so many people up in arms?Its only headphones.The worse beats headphones>>>>Apple EarPods.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.