Beats Music Expands to iPad With New Update

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 1, 2014.

1. macrumors bot

Apr 12, 2001

Streaming music app Beats Music for iOS was today updated to version 2.0.0, adding compatibility with the iPad. The app, first released in January, was previously limited to the iPhone.

The new iPad app includes an interface that has been designed specifically for the tablet's larger screen, incorporating features like Just for You, the Sentence, Find It, My Library, and Offline Mode. Support is included for both landscape and portrait modes.

Along with iPad support, the app has also gained "Find Your Friends," a feature that allows users to find and follow their Twitter friends on Beats Music.

Beats' streaming music service has a heavy focus on curation to distinguish it from competitors like Spotify, Rdio, Pandora, and iTunes Radio. The company hires music experts to curate stations and create playlists from the service's music catalog of 20 million songs.

Beats Music can be downloaded from the App Store for free, but accessing requires a $9.99 per month subscription. Unlimited streaming and unlimited downloads are included in the purchase price. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Beats Music Expands to iPad With New Update
  2. macrumors 6502a

Dec 31, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
  3. macrumors 6502

Aug 27, 2010
  4. Señor, May 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2014

macrumors 6502

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The new interface definitely looks clean and very sleek.
  5. macrumors newbie

May 2, 2014
    Best Music app

Beats Music the best music streaming app I get my hands-on with.
  6. macrumors newbie

Jun 4, 2009
    $10 a month for unlimited access to all music ever made? Are you crazy? That sounds like the deal of a lifetime.
  7. macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2009
    Or $15 a month for up to 5 lines if you are an AT&T subscriber. Killer deal.
  8. macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2012
    IA, USA
    Spotify and Rdio charge the same amount for a regular account (yes, I know there are different rates for students on Spotify or the new Framily plan - but I'm just talking about a regular 1 user account).